• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help to defeat a zelda player

xed122

Smash Cadet
hello everybody i need some help to defeat my brothers zelda the problem is that he just keep rolling and avoiding atacs and live in crazy % like 200 and dosnt know how to DI, i normaly defeat it when we play roy vs zelda in Dreamland but in any other stage he keep wining any sugestion in how to defeat him?

we play in this stages (PM 3.6)

FD
Yoshis wii and GC
Battlefield
Dreamland
Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege without trasformations
Wario Ware
Fountain of dreams
Lylat course
Norfair
Smashvile

EDIT: i also want to know apart from the ones i use are good against zelda

Last edited:

trusty

Smash Apprentice
Try to get him offstage any time he tries to attack you close with an aerial or jab or smash. Shield then press L R or Z and grab him, throw him off and wait for the teleport. It's relatively easy to read and Zelda lacks a lot of horizontal recovery. If he used Dins Fire you can easily just jab it away. When he's coming up on the ledge use Roy's down tilt to keep prodding him off; Zelda doesn't have great jump height or speed. When you play in a stage with a small blast zone (or one smaller than dreamland which is many), just avoid getting back thrown and don't let the tipper on the bair and fair hit you. Zelda is very gimmicky and irritating but also eminently beatable when you play defensively a little and force close approaches over zoning

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Roy vs. Zelda is in Roy's favor since Zelda is floaty and susceptible to combos and juggles.

If you want to counterpick stages for her, Yoshi's Story is your best bet. The blastzones are small and the platforms are close to the ground, so you could uair string her to death whenever you feel like it.

Warioware and Battlefield are good stages against her as well. Warioware for the same reasons as YS, and Battlefield for the platforms. Don't let her take you to FD. FD has no platforms and since you are heavy enough you will be up thrown, utilted or up angled ftilted until your own demise.

xed122

Smash Cadet
Roy vs. Zelda is in Roy's favor since Zelda is floaty and susceptible to combos and juggles.

If you want to counterpick stages for her, Yoshi's Story is your best bet. The blastzones are small and the platforms are close to the ground, so you could uair string her to death whenever you feel like it.

Warioware and Battlefield are good stages against her as well. Warioware for the same reasons as YS, and Battlefield for the platforms. Don't let her take you to FD. FD has no platforms and since you are heavy enough you will be up thrown, utilted or up angled ftilted until your own demise.
The problem in Yoshis is that he change to sheik

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I see.

So your friend, who's willing to roll around and dodge attacks, is also willing to change into Sheik at Yoshi's Story? And play Sheik at a compentency level that would essentially void out the field advantage Roy has on what could be considered his best stage?

Your friend is better than a ton of Zelda's already. He should switch to Sheik.

xed122

Smash Cadet
I see.

So your friend, who's willing to roll around and dodge attacks, is also willing to change into Sheik at Yoshi's Story? And play Sheik at a compentency level that would essentially void out the field advantage Roy has on what could be considered his best stage?

Your friend is better than a ton of Zelda's already. He should switch to Sheik.
more that he is good is that we boot aren´t good and that i get realy angry because he just rolling al the match

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
more that he is good is that we boot aren´t good and that i get realy angry because he just rolling al the match
If he's rolling a lot, you need to pick up the read on that and punish him, or sometimes (read: not all the time) you may just sit there until he rolls and then punish. Roy's grab is very good against both Sheik and Zelda, with forward and down throws both leading into things at lower percentages (tech chases or fairs against Sheik depending on DI, likely fairs on Zelda).

If possible you should record your matches and upload them so that we can critique. It's much easier to spot specific instances of what you and your opponent are doing when we can see it for ourselves.

xed122

Smash Cadet
If he's rolling a lot, you need to pick up the read on that and punish him, or sometimes (read: not all the time) you may just sit there until he rolls and then punish. Roy's grab is very good against both Sheik and Zelda, with forward and down throws both leading into things at lower percentages (tech chases or fairs against Sheik depending on DI, likely fairs on Zelda).

If possible you should record your matches and upload them so that we can critique. It's much easier to spot specific instances of what you and your opponent are doing when we can see it for ourselves.
ok i try too post some replay tomorow

Top Bottom