• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help the Noob

ILL131

Smash Rookie
So I'm completely new to competitive smash community. I really want to try my hand at some tournaments and get more into competitive. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
So I'm completely new to competitive smash community. I really want to try my hand at some tournaments and get more into competitive. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me out.
Start watching videos, watch the documentary, watch tutorials, check if there's a local scene, etc.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Watch videos for sure, they're super helpful. Find a group of friends who have the same passion as you, and you'll hone each other. Then you can all go to tournaments together. Best advice: try your hand at some local tournaments (maybe at colleges or online) and see how good you are and/or if you like the scene.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I would start off by going to a tourney in a local scene and introducing yourself etc. Getting first hand experience could be a good way to get a feel for the game, then I would look at videos and study them, and read guides for characters and general game meta.

Getting into smash is like starting off in a competitive sport and getting good at it. It takes alot of time and practice so good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom