• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Stop Uwe Boll

Status
Not open for further replies.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm not gonna sign that because that "Postal" movies looks funny, I'll prolly see it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay, if you've ever seen this man's movies, you don't need to ask questions. You know how horrible they are. He said if a million people sign a petition, asking him to stop making movies, he will quit.

http://stopuweboll.org/

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

Help stop the menace. We are 1/4th of the way there.
And then, the right of freedom of expression came in. I hate his movies, but this will never work.

Seen his interviews? He's not going to stop because some nerds made a petition online. Since when have online petitions worked? That's right -- never.

The thing is that you can dislike him and his movies all you want. A petition can't stop somebody's right to freedom of expression.

Seriously, a mod needs to lock this.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Uwe Boll himself said that if the petition got a million signatures, he would retire (you can read about this on various places on the internet).

Whether he'd actually do it if it reached a million signatures, though, is questionable.

edit: regardless, you should all go sign it

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Hey, uh, he's the one who said if a million people signed an online petition he'd stop. Maybe you should get your head out of your ***. I've seen his ******** interviews, but the fact that this MIGHT work, and if even maybe comes into the picture when it comes to Uwe Boll, you do it. No matter what.

Also, who says we're "nerds", maybe we just hate how horrible this ******'s movies are an will pretty much go after any shot to get him to quit ruining video game movies. If you love Uwe Boll, that's fine, but I pretty much cry every time I hear one of his titles called out.

SIGN THE PETITION FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF MANKIND

antimatter

Smash Lord
this is never gonna work, even with stride gum promoting this. I agree with the following post from another forum:

Why do people think that if this petition gets a million signatures Boll will stop making movies? Because he said so? What I imagine is far more likely is he'll approach movie execs saying "Hey look! A million people care about the movies I make!". Then he'll make even more movies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey, uh, he's the one who said if a million people signed an online petition he'd stop. Maybe you should get your head out of your ***. I've seen his ******** interviews, but the fact that this MIGHT work, and if even maybe comes into the picture when it comes to Uwe Boll, you do it. No matter what.

Also, who says we're "nerds", maybe we just hate how horrible this ******'s movies are an will pretty much go after any shot to get him to quit ruining video game movies. If you love Uwe Boll, that's fine, but I pretty much cry every time I hear one of his titles called out.

SIGN THE PETITION FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF MANKIND
You do realize that he's not going to stop, right? The petition, even if it does get a million signs, won't work.

Antimatter is right -- there's no such thing as bad publicity.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Maybe a couple months back I would of leapt from my seat to get my name on that petition. But not anymore.

A couple days back I decided to check if the man had a trailer out for one of his latest. And I must say, I could not stop laughing. at how bad it is

This is one of the most amazing trailers I have ever seen. Plus it has Udo Kier, so it must be good!
Uwe Boll ruins another video game based movie? I think so.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Postal looks AWFUL. He just tried hard to put all the offensive things he could, plus his boxing "matches," then adding the quote about him being financed by Nazi gold (his production company used to produce Nazi Propaganda films).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Course it's not going to work, but when has that mattered? I signed it

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Move with the movement!
Sry nawt a sellout lolz!

Jokes aside, all this is is a waste of time. Uwe Boll can't direct worth ****, but he won't stop. And, movies are a business. We all know that offensiveness equals money in today's world (in regards to CK's post). If anything, the nazi comment will make him more money.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
*signed*

For the record, Uwe Boll has reneged on every statement of this nature he has ever made (like fighting Michael Bay). This won't force him to quit; I think he's far too self-absorbed and deluded.

edit: Skyler, that's the art from the Prima SSB strat guide under your name, isn't it? Nice avatar.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh? This is just the stuff that they had for an avatar up on SmashBoards. I though it was pretty cool.

I'm not sure if you were mad at it or that your liked it x_X

Regardless, I'm not claiming credit for making it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah, so uh. I have my doubts about whether this will work. But Uwe Boll's production owns the company to the Syphon Filter movie so I'm gonna go ahead and sign this.

Consider this thread smodorsed.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*reads all replies in thread*

*is shocked*

Skyler: No, it probably won't work. Boll lies all the time.

... but this is still lulz to do.

omfgomfg: Sign the damm thing anyway! Stop. Boll. Wid me. C'mon! ay it with me, people! Stop Boll with me! Stop Boll with me! Stop Boll with me!

I've already signed this long ago, but I urge everyone to sign it anyway. It's like. Important. His movies suck, you know this.

I'm tired, and my S key is dead.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
lol at people trying to be all rational saying this is a waste of time, this HARDLY takes a minute to do.

And I 2nd Blackadder I urge you to vote for the slight possibility it might work and for the lulz
unless you got better things to do with that minute of yours :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom