• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help!'s Sorta Useful Mario Stuff.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
Melee Mario > Brawl Mario

SHFFL Fair > New Fair (Doc's Punch sucks)
Old Dair > New Dair
Old Mario Tornado > F.L.U.D.D. (It would have been similar to the new Luigi Cyclone)
Combos > No Combos
Chain Grab > No Chain Grab

It pisses me off how almost every other charcater has something "cheap" about them and I have yet to find something "cheap" about Mario. We need to put more effort on finding some advanced techs.
Brawl Mario > Melee Mario

but Melee Mario is waaaay cooler because of what you said and other reasons. Plus melee is way cooler in general.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario's Fair was good in Melee because of its KO power but Mario's Fair in Brawl does not have that kind of power (Lowest I've KOed off the side with Mario's Fair is 100% on a Luigi due to the small hitbox right after the spike which hits slightly harder than a Bair or Uair).

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
a little info on poke trainer.
caping charizard before he does his rock smash makes him hit himself with the fragments.
ivysaur is waay too easy to ledge guard.
squirtle is hard but easy to ko and cape recovery

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I remember 3-stocking a Pokemon Trainer. It was Mr. Wigz playing him. It was so awesome. And you live in Chicago, BO X7? It's CT for me, pal. We had a yellow connection once! Now it's orange. And nice advice there. I'll put it to good use.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Dair to Up B is a true combo and the Up B is good to punish your opponent for missing with laggy moves (Be careful since using Mario's Up B leaves you in helpless); use Mario's Up B as much as you would use Marth's Up B.

*Mario’s Up B is also a unique, but risky, way to edgeguard by using your Up B on a recovering opponent (Preferably above you) and grabbing the ledge (This process can be repeated but your opponent can move around the attack and gimp you if the tactic becomes predictable)*

*Mario’s Up B is effective as an attack partly due to its raw speed but is best used as a surprise tactic since it is very punishable if you miss*

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
use Mario's Up B as much as you would use Marth's Up B.
Mario's Up B can kill..? Madness. Marth's Up B is just a little bit weaker than a tipped forward smash(I believed I read this somewhere in M2K's data.. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure I read this)... Mario's Up B.. I never used it as an attack myself.. but it's not really that strong =/

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario's Up B doesn't have the KO power of Marth's Up B but it does have relatively the same applications with its speed and trajectory.

*I don't use Mario's Up B much as an attack but it is a good surprise tactic if you set it up correctly*

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
cool find, ???????, seems useful for approaching olimar. caping Olimar's pikman also makes them urs for a few moments.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
What? What do you mean by that? Like... it's not low enough if falco does the shine on the ground...

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Nice thread. Very informative. XD

I rarely use the UpB, But I get lucky using it at times when i'm in the air above the stage somewhat with the opponet (Usually they thinking of an Uair or Bair coming they way). So I just use the super punch to be awkward, we already airborne, get a sneaky KO in on them you know. Like ????? said, it's a good suprise attack move. People don't expect you to use it because of the risk if you miss..
It starts up pretty fast.

Top Bottom