• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Requested for a little personal build: Project M vs. Brawl Plus

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
Goal:
Add alt-selects using one of the shoulder buttons to use Brawl Plus movesets for Project M 3.6 and as painless as possible.

"Why?!?":
I recently played ALM5252's PM build "Project M: EX" and it gave me the idea to work on a personal custom build that allows you to choose either PM 3.6 or Brawl +'s moveset. My friend can't stand PM's moveset for a few of his mains like TLink (shorter Up-B), Pikachu (changed bair, even though it allows him to ko easier), Yoshi (Up-B doesn't hop you up a little anymore), and so on. I thought it was a neat idea and think how PMEX does the L-alts would be perfect (or use Z or R).

Last edited:

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
0/10, bait harder

EDIT: this was in reference to a deleted post, sorry for any confusion

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Sounds interesting and gives me an idea. Instead of brawl + i want to use brawl -. Anyway will keep an eye on this, I can't help though sorry other than maybe play test but I will have to download some stuff to do that. Good luck with this.

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
-_Bump_-

Is this seriously that hard to do with ALL the builds I see with the dozens of added custom characters?

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
people still play brawl+ wow /s

you should probably ask @Alm5252 about it, i know his build uses it

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
...I'm about to close this thread in 5 days if no one can help. Does no one know how to do this? Is it a BrawlEX thing? ANY CLUE WOULD BE USEFUL!

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
You were suggested to contact ALM5252 about it; he's had vBrawl-oriented PSAs converted to PM for his build and I think he even has a video on it.

Calm your mammaries.

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
You were suggested to contact ALM5252 about it; he's had vBrawl-oriented PSAs converted to PM for his build and I think he even has a video on it.

Calm your mammaries.
I already tried to contact him and have yet to hear a reply. I didn't know the PSAs needed to be converted and will look into getting those.

I'm just upset that It's been over a month and I've yet to solve what seems to have been a simple build. I was going to delete the post since a month old post with no answers would have been useless.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
1. Creating a build that has alternate movesets for every character in the game is not "simple". In fact, it's not even possible with some characters yet as far as I'm aware.

2. The way you've been posting here makes it seem like you're expecting people to make this build for you. That's not how the world works. Do some research. Do some digging around in other parts of the Brawl modding community. Not that there's anything wrong with asking for help but you don't seem like you're willing to put in the effort to even google a tutorial for BrawlEX.

3. ALM5252's build was created over the span of many months and I'm assuming that's still ongoing. Something that's at the magnitude of what you're asking for can't be done in just a couple weeks or one month. It's a miracle half of this stuff is even possible at all.

4. You can't expect someone to know the answers all the time. Either keep trying or accept the limitations. Throwing a fit and then closing the thread doesn't help anyone and won't allow people to help you.

Last edited:

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
1. Creating a build that has alternate movesets for every character in the game is not "simple". In fact, it's not even possible with some characters yet as far as I'm aware.

2. The way you've been posting here makes it seem like you're expecting people to make this build for you. That's not how the world works. Do some research. Do some digging around in other parts of the Brawl modding community. Not that there's anything wrong with asking for help but you don't seem like you're willing to put in the effort to even google a tutorial for BrawlEX.

3. ALM5252's build was created over the span of many months and I'm assuming that's still ongoing. Something that's at the magnitude of what you're asking for can't be done in just a couple weeks or one month. It's a miracle half of this stuff is even possible at all.

4. You can't expect someone to know the answers all the time. Either keep trying or accept the limitations. Throwing a fit and then closing the thread doesn't help anyone and won't allow people to help you.
I'm sorry for coming off like a wining child. I only thought it was simple because of all the builds out there with 50+ characters and what I wanted to do was put the Brawl + movesets as alt selects for Project M. I also never used BrawlEx before but have been linked to a few tutorials with the help of someone on discord.

With this all said, I've been told it's impossible to do what I had in mind at this time as there's not a module for every character yet.

Again, I'm sorry for being rude. I thought this would have been a very simple build to make since all the movesets already existed.

Top Bottom