• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help rate Anti's Wolf.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Hey so i just picked up Wolf again after not playing him for about 6 months i'm knocking the rust off with him slowly. To help knock off the rust i got Dabuz (the best olimar on AIB) to have a set with me, This is how it went down.

Will appreciate some constructive criticism off of these matches. :teeth:

:wolf:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
good wolf anti.if u want to scar easy tho.just drop and side b.and wolf's best momentum cancel horizantally is his nair and vertically is his dair

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah i had no clue on what to do with him momentum cancel thanks.

And guys comment the Youtube link too plz :D

castorpollux

Smash Champion
your wolf is pretty fast online. I'm not too familiar with the olimar match up myself though. I know that fair is good at combating pikmin that are thrown at you. I wouldn't sh airdodge -> AAA/dsmash too much. It's a good trick to utilize, but if your opponent sees it enough, it won't work forever

ANTi_

Smash Hero
your wolf is pretty fast online. I'm not too familiar with the olimar match up myself though. I know that fair is good at combating pikmin that are thrown at you. I wouldn't sh airdodge -> AAA/dsmash too much. It's a good trick to utilize, but if your opponent sees it enough, it won't work forever
Yeah, i try to mix it up by Jumping behind them instead of infront of them and AAA/Dsmash

or i do Jump airdodge to grab. since his grab comes out so fast.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Awesome wolf for one, I really don't know what to tell you to improve on since it already does so well.
iirc, bit of trouble with DIing with him? I always use U-air, U-air is said to be the best move to DI with for anychar.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Anti's Wolf makes very good use of jabs ... better than any other Wolf so far. Anti's Wolf looks very aggresive, probably very effective against Olimar. In this particular match-up Anti's Wolf could try to dthrow more (especially at the ledge) or even do some shines offstage. Overall Anti's Wolf seems to know the match-up pretty well and I think Anti's Wolf is pretty awesome.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, for momentum cancel, use dair (vertical) or nair (uair is 2nd best, horizontal).

You seem to use dash attack a lot, what for?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti's Wolf makes very good use of jabs ... better than any other Wolf so far. Anti's Wolf looks very aggresive, probably very effective against Olimar. In this particular match-up Anti's Wolf could try to dthrow more (especially at the ledge) or even do some shines offstage. Overall Anti's Wolf seems to know the match-up pretty well and I think Anti's Wolf is pretty awesome.

:D Thank you i just know dabuz's shielding pattern's so you can just pressure his sheild alot.

Yeah, for momentum cancel, use dair (vertical) or nair (uair is 2nd best, horizontal).

Ehh, i dash attack mainly to lob him in the air or lob him forward because we all know olimar sucks in the air

Maybe he tries to use his DACUS.
D-Tilt --> DAC. that's the only time i found it safe w/o getting grabbed lol.

I always drop -> side B and hold down just in case.
hold b? trying it now.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Trust me, I don't support using the DACUS at all. Your Wolf is very quick, but I don't know if it's effective. It might get predictable.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Awesome wolf for one, I really don't know what to tell you to improve on since it already does so well.
iirc, bit of trouble with DIing with him? I always use U-air, U-air is said to be the best move to DI with for anychar.
ugh no.wolf's is dair up and nair sides.

i said this already at 2nd post

I always drop -> side B and hold down just in case.
why hold down?i get it everytime and i just drop and side b.

Trust me, I don't support using the DACUS at all. Your Wolf is very quick, but I don't know if it's effective. It might get predictable.
LIES.DACUS RULES.WOLF IS THE BEST SPACIE.
also dacus is the only way i know to get the horizantal usmash which is wolf's best killer even tho its so hard to get.i think its luck if u get it.i kill at like 80% a peach with it.

I meant holding down like the direction to make sure you don't just regrab the edge.
ugh like i said.unless u jump or do it immediately on fall u wont need to hold down.i dont even know if holding down does anything

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Antis wolf is amazing. It ***** offline too. Its madd quick and it could beat meatknights. From what i saw when you played kissizle its awesome. Also anti as a di use nair when going to the side.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
LIES.DACUS RULES.WOLF IS THE BEST SPACIE.
also dacus is the only way i know to get the horizantal usmash which is wolf's best killer even tho its so hard to get.i think its luck if u get it.i kill at like 80% a peach with it.
Just use it OOS to punish an air dodge, easiest way. Probably the safest too. Don't worry about the timing, just use the C-stick.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Thanks BigM

@ Jumpman - Yeah i need to start doing it OOS more it seems really effective.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Your Wolf is very quick, but I don't know if it's effective. It might get predictable.
This, from what I saw at Viridian, you SH Air Dodged alot, against someone thats used to having someone airdodge behind them, it could cause trouble for you...all they need to do is turn around and grab you on landing...if you still insist on airdodging behind, atleast mix in grabs for the people that would shield grab your AAA/Dsmash since Wolf's AAA is so easy to shield grab. Basically, don't get predictable with it.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Most of the time i SH Airdodge a few feet out of their grab range, they grab, miss, and i Fsmash.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Anti did you beat Wes' Sonic in friendlies on saturday? Guy gives me a hard time, lol.

Oh, and yeah, Wolf's jab is excellent. The problem is that it only does 9% damage fresh.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just use it OOS to punish an air dodge, easiest way. Probably the safest too. Don't worry about the timing, just use the C-stick.
u didnt read my post well at all apparently.i didnt say using the usmash.i said using it and it sends u horizantally.if i did what u said(which i do just not oos cause idc enough to shield when they air dodge into me),then they'd be sent vertically.u really need to read posts carefully.

tekkie

Smash Master
ugh like i said.unless u jump or do it immediately on fall u wont need to hold down.i dont even know if holding down does anything
So you can semiscar/scar without accidentally just grabbing the edge. If I want to go through the stage, I always hold down as insurance. There really isn't a reason not to (that I know of).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti did you beat Wes' Sonic in friendlies on saturday? Guy gives me a hard time, lol.

Oh, and yeah, Wolf's jab is excellent. The problem is that it only does 9% damage fresh.
Yeah me and him went even he somehow is too good at playing Wolf. lol

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
So you can semiscar/scar without accidentally just grabbing the edge. If I want to go through the stage, I always hold down as insurance. There really isn't a reason not to (that I know of).
To answer both Turkey and Tekkie, holding down makes the game think it's a fast fall which skips the ledge, basically making instant use of semi-scarring, it does have a very good use.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
u didnt read my post well at all apparently.i didnt say using the usmash.i said using it and it sends u horizantally.if i did what u said(which i do just not oos cause idc enough to shield when they air dodge into me),then they'd be sent vertically.u really need to read posts carefully.
Nah, it's just your crappy english.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
To answer both Turkey and Tekkie, holding down makes the game think it's a fast fall which skips the ledge, basically making instant use of semi-scarring, it does have a very good use.
thank u dv8tor for explaining why he holds down.tekkie just made no sense.i dont miss scarring so i find no need to hold down.tho i was stupid the other day dropped on brinstar and side b.note to self brinstar is super duper gay

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Ha! Yeah I can't stand Brinstar, I find the semi-scar amazingly useful though, makes gimping just that much harder for the opponent when you can skip the ledge and land on the stage.

Silver13

Smash Cadet

haha. Anti's Wolf 5 times in 4 sentences (first said by castor) but oh well.
Very nice Wolf, Anti.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Pretty impressive...just don't airdodge quite so much unless you know they're not going to catch you on it =P

But yeah, pretty good Wolf. I think you should main him ^_^

Top Bottom