• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help practicing PKT

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to playing as Ness so that's why I'm asking this question. I already know that there is a sticky on PKT that has a list of different things you can do, but I don't know the best way to practice those things like aiming. For example, where to hit Ness with PKT to make him launch off in a certain direction. If anybody could be kind enough to tell me good ways to practice using the PKT well I would appreciate the help.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Basically, what you need to be able to do, is sweetspot the edge when you're using PK Thunder. My favorite way of doing this is just to take on FD in Practice mode, and jump off the edge, wait until I'm at certain angles, and then attempt to recover. That's the basics, you need to be able to sweetspot from any angle. For the most part it's not so hard. One thing you really want to practice is the perfect vertical PK Thunder, where you hit Ness's foot so he flies directly up in the same direction he was facing. For that, I suggest Pokemon stadium. Stand on that dot in the middle, jump up, and practice it, if you land anywhere other than on that dot, you ****ed up. That's about it for the basics of PKT. You can also practice edge recovery, just watch Simna's PKT Video.

Top Bottom