• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help please need to find a good character!!

amished

Smash Cadet
Well, Peach is pretty much a tank, so I'd have to say her. Marth has some stay away from me moves, but it's much more offensively natured with him. I'd still have to vote for Peach.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
any character can be the most defensive character in the game.
but a character with good defesnive properties would be marth
hes range is good with staying away
also peach cause of her turnips and all

fox_reflect

Smash Cadet
ganandorf......although slow.....hes like a tank as well.....i mean even the fricken online guide says it....so....id try gannandorf

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
I agree with btk Ace, its just based on your style of play. If you want to make someone like Marth, Fox, or Captain Falcon defensive, they can be if you take advantage of their speed. Otherwise, you can use slower, stronger characters who are more difficult to KO.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The Links. Link is rather heavy and has a pretty long sword as well, plus he has projectiles. Young Link is fast and against a slow character, can just keep bombarding them with stuff from the distance.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
blackshadow im not asking for a main...im asking for a character that can play defensive so i can have some fun, how about characters who can grapple anyone know a character that has the best grapples just to annoy people by keep grappling

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
DK, Ness, or Mewtwo have good annoying throws. Or if by "keep grappling" you mean chainthrowing, Sheik or IC's are your best bet.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess you're going to want Marth or Roy then, they have the largest normal grab ranges. Link, Samus and Young Link have extended grabs, but they are slower and less reliable. So if you want to be annoying, Roy's your boy. Or Marth, but that doesn't rhyme.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure this has been said a few times but:

For defensive, I'd say Marth because of his gay range,

Peach because she has really good recovery,

and maybe Samus because of her many projectiles, and large grab range.

Top Bottom