• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help please? Much Appreciated

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Okay so here below, I have a list of stuff I'd like some help on, if possible :) thanks for taking your time to read this.

THE LIST
-------------
1. How would you change the text on the character select screen such as in the 20XX hack pack?

2. How would I be able to change the sound of the announcer to my own voice files?
3. How would I add effects to certain characters? Such as, adding a darkness effect to peach as she's pulling a turnip, and Roy having fire for almost every attack?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for helping me out, as I really appreciate it. :teemo:

D

Deleted member 269706

Well for number one, I know that achilles made changes within this file: MnSlChr.usd I'm not sure exactly how he did it, but somewhere within that file is the information which effects the display of the character port.

For number two, here's a list of files which you can use to figure out which sound clips you need to change: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q9uY3b9Xd-aUGHVsCLvLc6zR11-5DCPSHBSXb6mAjA8/edit (You'll have to scroll down a bit). To my understanding, all you have to do is get recordings of your voice, convert them to hps files and replace the original files.

For number three there are several threads here which go over that kind of stuff.

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I can kind of help you with #3. Please read this thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-melee-syntax-school-you-can-write-character-commands-now.402587/

It will help you to modify character subactions so you can add those special effects. The different guides are included in the OP.

If you have any questions ask them and I will try and answer them.
Well for number one, I know that achilles made changes within this file: MnSlChr.usd I'm not sure exactly how he did it, but somewhere within that file is the information which effects the display of the character port.

For number two, here's a list of files which you can use to figure out which sound clips you need to change: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q9uY3b9Xd-aUGHVsCLvLc6zR11-5DCPSHBSXb6mAjA8/edit (You'll have to scroll down a bit). To my understanding, all you have to do is get recordings of your voice, convert them to hps files and replace the original files.

For number three there are several threads here which go over that kind of stuff.
Thanks dudes :)

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991

I meant for like the announcer :p I scrolled down and found the files for the stages and such, but I'm wondering how to change the voice when selecting a character, such as "Falco..."

D

Deleted member 269706

I meant for like the announcer :p I scrolled down and found the files for the stages and such, but I'm wondering how to change the voice when selecting a character, such as "Falco..."
Oh gotcha. So go into your root folder, and from there go into the audio file, there's a file named nr_name.ssm which has what you're looking for in it. Unfortunately, EVERY character's name is in that same file.

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Oh gotcha. So go into your root folder, and from there go into the audio file, there's a file named nr_name.ssm which has what you're looking for in it. Unfortunately, EVERY character's name is in that same file.
sweeeet thanks man. do you know how to change / modify it though?

Top Bottom