• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help playing downloaded computer game

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
I download a computer game and installed it but now it says that I need to insert the game disk into the computer.

How do I manage to play the game? I'm not really computer savvy or whatever so any help is appreciated.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
It probably is a game that needs the cd in order to run. What game is it? (and where did you get it?)

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded Diablo 2 from a torrent site since I couldn't find my disks but I still had my CD key that I had written down. My friend once told me something about an iso file but I never really paid attention. Could you explain it further please?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
An .iso file is a virtual disc that when you load it onto a virtual drive (which you create and manage using a program like Daemon Tools or Alcohol) it's essentially the same as having a physical disc in a physical drive.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
first thing's first. you've done something illegal. time for your spanking kneeing

ok all done.
Which files did you download? If there's a file with the extension ".iso", it's an iso (cd) file, and that's what you need. if there was a .bin or .cue file, those are pretty much the same thing too. You can use daemon tools (or Alcohol %120, though i've never used that before) and everything should work.
if you can't find any of those files, then it may help to list which files are in it so we can help.

Good luck!

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
lol i was just messing with him. funny how a few months ago i downloaded a torrent of adobe photoshop 7 because my cd was downstairs and i was too lazy to go get it, hehe

but if I do remember, there WAS a law made somewhere (10ish years ago?) that said backup copies of stuff you own is still illegal, which is why even downloading ROMs of video games that you own is bad (even says so in the ssbm manual that making backup copies are illegal, i've checked haha)

well, either way, i was just messing with him.

that might help him :lick:

Top Bottom