• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on the Sheik and DHD Matchups

g3cci

Smash Rookie
I've played against both on "For Glory" frequently, and while the opposing players usually had an edge in skill, I could still find no way consistently approach/exploit my adversary. This is more true for Sheik though because its easier to stay on DHD once I've gotten to him, but Sheik is still a challenge up close. Her damn needles drive me insane.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I haven't tested it, but if Sheik goes to throw out her needles, it might be possible to punish her with a down-B during her recovery animation. Just a suggestion. :) I use the down-B for this purpose against other characters, so whether or not it works will just depend on the endlag of her needles. Heck, the same tactic might work for DHD's projectiles - again, though, I've not done any proper testing. :p

Last edited:

BraveFantasy

Smash Cadet
I haven't really had any issues with DHD, since the only thing he can really do in throw his little disk in a straight line and try to use that exploding can and Cowboys. The disk and cowboy you can jump over. And if you Zair the can you can easily turn it against him. And up close we wreck him so yeah...

As for sheik I haven't been able to reliably punish her needles with down b. Just have to pay attention and hop over them or walk and power sheild. This matchup is tough, but I think that played right it's fairly even. Sheik will wreck us at first, since she can fair walk. But she has issues killing, as long as you don't get hit by fish flip gimmicks and dodge those up airs... Once we're at like 90+ percent we can start playing catch up, and generally get first stock, and then get KO'd shortly after, and then it's another game of catch up. Of course you this is worst case scenario. If you can zone sheik out with side b and zair then do it. Because you do not want to go in on her if it can be avoided. This is just my opinion though.

exsqui

Smash Rookie
Hello.

for having played wit MR R SHiek on SMASH 4, i can answer that needles recovery is long enough to punish with a down B, however the most difficult in the matchup is close range fight to be honest. If the shiek player is very skilled of course.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
, i can answer that needles recovery is long enough to punish with a down B, h.
You must be god like. You have to have a 2 frame reaction time to consistently punish Needle throw with our Down B....You would also be doing this on wifi.
A single need throw is 44 frames long.
From the ground, our down B can reach a target and hit them in 42 frames.

You have to make the read, or purposely let them get a full charge of needles. The more needles, the easier it is to punish.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
Interesting footnote: Sheik has a custom move that gives her a move closer to Paralyzing Shot called Paralyzing Needles. This would surely make the Sheik vs ZSS match-up more interesting.

Top Bottom