• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on Samus combos

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
So, I'm starting to add Samus to my main list (Because so far in PM, I only main Snake) and I'm curious to know more advanced combos Samus have. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tarul

Smash Cadet
Samus doesn't really have combos in PM, outside of dair follow-ups and tech chases. Samus is a character built around trading and poking thanks to her projectiles and strong but high-commitment tilts/aerials

Last edited:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Super Missile to Charged Shot. :cool:

Any meteor on grounded opponents (dair and utilt) will lead to combos at mid %'s. Dsmash and DA will give you things on bad DI, and of course you have the obvious combo set-ups from dtilt and throws (dthrow on non-FFers or on FFers with bad DI after mid %s, uthrow on FFers, side throws with bad DI on floaties).

I actually disagree that Samus doesn't have combo potential, although I agree it is much harder to access than most. It is more of making a choice to go for moves that will set-up for combos or tech-chases instead of simply hitting the opponent away in specific situations. If you watch Plup in Melee, he will often go for CC dtilt in situations where many would have spammed CC dsmash. Another example would be aerial tech-chasing on plats. You can easily cover the whole plat with nair, but you can also cover most of the tech options with a dair that will set-up more hits.

Top Bottom