• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on Rest oos on spacies and other attacks

LEGENDARY4259

Smash Rookie
I have recently been playing jigglypuff and always have fox or falco come in unsafely with either a dash attack or an unsafe smash. I usually punish with an aerial but everytime i go for the rest I miss and I could probably win more games if i learned how to

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Unless you get a crouch cancel or something, I wouldn't recommend trying to punish everything with a raw rest. Know your setups into rest and use those instead (grab, utilt, uair are your best bets for punishing fast attacks).

LEGENDARY4259

Smash Rookie
Unless you get a crouch cancel or something, I wouldn't recommend trying to punish everything with a raw rest. Know your setups into rest and use those instead (grab, utilt, uair are your best bets for punishing fast attacks).
I know that isnt sometimes the best option but I am talking about the situations where its last stock and your down or if your up a stock and want to go for something.

Do you buffer a jump then punish the smash or do u wavedash oos then punish with the rest?

rolltorest

Smash Rookie
Buffer a jump and then rest oos. Puffs wd takes too many frames to be viable with human reaction times. The hardest part about rest out of shield is acting out of shield stun fast enough but you have pretty lenient amount of time vs fox upsmash (generally around -22 to -24 frame adv) so even if he spaces the upsmash you have about a 10 frame window to rest him

Top Bottom