• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on DK vs pikachu

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So in melee, DK had a bad matchup against pikachu because his recovery sucked, but I was also wondering what else DK has against pikachu. Crouch cancelling and d-tilting is good, but I am not sure what else to do in the neutral since pikachu is faster than DK.

Brass Monkey

Smash Rookie
Sorry but pikachu being faster than DK is simply not true. They both have an equal value for their dash speed at 1.8 and I'm fairly certain that DK has a faster air speed. DK curb stomps the little rat if your neutral game is on point. Shffled Nairs and spaced back airs keep it away relatively easily. Not to mention that 3.5 gave DK the ability to jump cargo up-throw to double jump punch the rat anywhere from 50-80 and kill it on all but the largest of stages (at the lower end percents). Just be wary of your spacing and don't be afraid to shield that incoming quick attack cancel to nair and retaliate with a nair OOS of your own.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Also Pikachu seems to be kinda combo weight so up airs and Nairs can tack on fast percent, just avoid the neutral B's and do some dashdance stuff and bait potential approaches into a grab

Top Bottom