• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help on approach

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
How i feel you should play isn't totally offence/defence. At times if you just keep DDing and wding and junk it will become harder to predict what you do. sometimes just wait for them to relax or make a mistake. also don't jolt that offen like if you jolt to approach most of the time your doing it wrong also d-tilts are great even vs sheik.

after playing falcon vs sheik I understand how powerful a smart mix-up is. pikachu/pichu have like 3 not counting mindgames.

also if you force them to the edge don't approach wait for them to make the move and F*** up.

mindgames are key my brother has resently picked up sheik and the funny thing is my pichu seems to be working out the best due to smart reads/mindgames. but he ***** my falcon and marth.

soju

SD God
=3= meh, as ICG said dtilt is pretty good, shffl nairs, a shffled fair -> dsmash can work as long as you know how to space it and the other person doesnt cc, spaced uairs can work if you know how to do it right, try not to use bairs and dairs as much on an approach since they have quite a bit of lag, and dash attack is crap but you probably already know that. You can also get creative with a pivot smash =w=

with Pikachu sometimes the best approach is not to approach at all, bait the person with jolts so hell try and approach you and just punish the hell outa them.

N64

Smash Champion
Mostly what everyone else said. Nair can be pretty solid, but a decent amount beats it so try you shouldn't rely heavily on it. Pika's approach game isn't that good, but his bait game is. Dash dance around, fake approaches with short hop->waveland back, poke with dtilts and ftilts, then when you see an opportunity (your opponent whiffs attempting to punish your expected approach, or they jump, or decide to approach you, etc.) then jump in and punish them. You want to use your mobility to make it seem like you could approach at any time and be a threat, but this doesn't mean you have to approach at any opportunity.

Top Bottom