• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Wolf?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
All I can say is that you looked a bit predictable. Mostly with your jumps. I'm NEVER a good teacher though, so I'm not sure what else to say.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Tell ur friend to not play falco if he's not going to chain grab, thats my advice.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
back-airs need to be better. Do not double jump as much, if you were punished for it then you could be gimped because of his poor recovery.

Tell your friend to do chain-grabs.

And, if you're going to spam the gun...short-hop and spam. Which potentially cancels their short-hop attacks as well as their on-ground attacks, although, I suggest not using the gun as much vs a Falco.

CobraWolf

Smash Rookie
Don't go for Dair except for spiking, you got punished every time you tried that.

Also, if you are going to reflector Falco's blaster when you're close to him, get ready to roll or dodge in some way right afterward.

Your Wolf was good no doubt.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Don't go for Dair except for spiking, you got punished every time you tried that.

Also, if you are going to reflector Falco's blaster when you're close to him, get ready to roll or dodge in some way right afterward.

Your Wolf was good no doubt.
I've found, actually, that doing those is kind of helpful. A good solid one does 15% damage. If the opponent is above 50% damage and the hit connects, they'll fly up in the air, ready to be comboed. Of course, I wouldn't go for it all the time, and the scenario would be right for it to work. Not many people expect you to do something completely idiotic, so it often works (but only once, because the rest will be expected). It's also hilarious to do over and over again when you're having a screw around Brawl. It's also hilarious to spam grabs, but off that...

The dair can be useful, but only in some situations. Really, the scenario would not come around, so don't 'try' and use it, but don't 'forget' it. It's main use is spiking. I just wanted to get that in because it feels SO good to hit an opponent with that and then combo it up. lol

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the advice guys. Today i'll see if I can do some more friendlies with my friend to see if I can do some more practice.

Reaper0329

Smash Cadet
I'm not a great teacher, and my confidence is a bit stirred from having Mr. G&W recently make me his plaything online, but in video three, it looks like your recovery could use a tad of work. Wolf Flash is the better recovery. Fire Wolf should really be used to gain vertical leverage, nothing more. All in all you look to be doing pretty good.

Top Bottom