• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my wario

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haha, your Wario is so weird.

1st of all, don't randomly bite while standing in place against a character as fast as Sheik (unless it's Sonic). He could easily just wait for your active grab frames to end, and then run up and grab you for a grab release.

2nd of all, if you miss a grab, don't just try to grab again without moving or anything. I used to have this problem and it usually gets you punished when people start to notice that you do it.

3rd, stop rolling altogether. Wario's roll is bad, and you doing it backwards twice in a row every time will also get you *****.

4th, if you tilt your bike upwards (hit back on the control stick I believe), you get a much higher bike jump, letting you cover more ground.

5, uptilt is bad to just randomly throw out there, use it if hey like to hit you from above

6, stop getting desperate for kills. When you start spamming kill moves is when people **** you

7, don't get gimped, ever. Wario has the capability of falling pretty much into the blast zone, and then if you tilt your bike up and jump off, you can practically airdodge back onto the stage, and if needed waft for extra height and up b. Just fall low against people with subpar recoveries like Sheik, ad don't bike until they've gone back ot the edge.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
thx for the tips phantom. i was gonna pm you my vid at the f5 site :d but thanks

nasir123

Smash Ace
WELL I UNNO i am no wario main but is still use em' and man i think that u r playing em' way the frig to defensive and u bite too much and if ur gonna play defensivly shad do not fhad

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
Less rolling. (Spot-dodge is better)

Press Up when using bike for a wheelie. Protects you better.

More SH'ing. Dair and bair are great.

Don't spam your smashes. Unless you know you're going to hit them.

No random chomping.

Practice a bit more. :)

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
Interesting Wario... reminds me of how my roommate plays. I like how grounded your Wario is, but do think about taking it to the air a bit more and using more dairs, since dair is one of Wario's best moves.

Couple of little things I saw:

1. I dunno if it was your thumb slipping or something, but try to use the d-smash less often. I saw that you got punished a couple of times after the d-smash whiffed, so keeping the d-smashes to a minimum will keep those punishments off your back.

2. Sort of the same thing with the bair. You didn't get punished as much for it, but try not to fall into the ground while you're doing it, because the lag at the end might get you in trouble.

3. If you're going to use the bike for recovery, try to make the bike go bye-bye off the stage -- don't bring it onto the stage. For example, at approximately 1:07 you let the bike go while you're above the stage. Since you were at 124%, Sheik could have easily knocked you away off the edge, and you wouldn't have your bike for recovery. (You didn't need the bike to get back onto the stage in the first place, but you get my point.)

Keep practicing, mang. You got this.

Edit: I just watched some recent Wario vids and a couple of the players seem to be okay with letting the bike go on the stage. I've been out of the Wario loop for a while, so maybe there's some new bike strategy I haven't heard of. Take my bike advice with a grain of salt. And maybe someone can let me know about this bike strategy (if there is one).

Top Bottom