• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Sheik. (Videos)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I watched the first video.
Good job edgeguarding with the b-air, you smashed alot but you pushed the fox off of you and got some damage so no real complaints.

You turtled in your shield a lot against fox, thats usually asking for trouble.

Start short hopping and using your air attacks, you mainly stuck with your ground attacks. the only time you really used air attacks was from platforms.

At higher damages, her tilts set up for her f-air, use that over the d-smash for kills.

You left her grabgame un-used, you really need to grab more, thats what shes good at, grab them and set them up for combos.

Start to needle grab.

Do not jab to d-smash at really low %'s, he could have cced it and punished you badly. Jab to d-smash works at high %s.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
bluedeath said mostly everything.

But you want to grab and tech chase more, space your bairs when you jump off the ledge. And yeah needle to grab.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I watched the sheik ditto.
Great first combo. Good use of platforms.

Stop jabbing at such low damages, it can be punished badly. At low damages, chaingrabs are extremely easy, one grab should lead to a very large amount of damage in sheik dittos. So learn that chaingrab well.

Less d-smash, more grabbing again.

Needle grabbing would have been very useful in this matchup.

Second guess and shieldgrab more, some of those parts he bashed you around too easily.

your edgeguarding needs work, he was vunerable alot but you spaced yourself wrong.

STOP with the teleport edgehog, you did it alot, and you did it a few times, but I seen many times where you failed and he got back to stage.

Edit: Robyextreme, that picture scares me. just thought I'd let you know.

NERV

Smash Rookie
Pretty good, the only real complant i would have is that you could have grabbed a lot more, sheiks grabs are amazingly useful and should be used to set up some really killer combos but overall it was good.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
yeah, as much as I like to whine about the "gay" stuff that sheik has, you really can do more grabbing and stuff with needles. They've pretty much hit all the stuff I've told you to do before, and a bit more. See, my advice wasn't completely useless :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, I should grab more, and jab less, use needles to grab...

I suppose needle grabbing also solves the problem against CCing?

Top Bottom