• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help my low tiers grow from cute nuisances to sexy manipulators

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
I've been a rather devoted low/mid tier player, and have been working on taking my play to the next level. I've been working with advanced techs for say, a month and a half or so, but i think i've got them pretty solid for the most part. still, i've ended up hitting a wall on my skill and was hoping some people could help me out by critiquing/analyzing some of my vids. I've analyzed these myself too, but obviously more than one perspective really helps. with that, here are the links:

Pichu (main)

vs. Captain Falcon

vs. Ice Climbers

vs. Roy I have trouble dealing with sword range :(

DK

vs. IC I can't seem to finish a match strong with DK. Still, he's too fun to play as.

vs. Ganon a match so ********, it had to be put up in spite of really bad playing. A choppy DK "ken combo" shows up. bair -> bair -> bair -> dair ftw...lol

vs. Samus this matchup really cripples me...

Roy

vs. Green Roy I'm disapppointed at how weak I finished this fight, but it was a nice start...

vs. Ice Climbers omg this got so bad the ic forfeited.

vs. Captain Falcon

Yoshi

vs. Captain Falcon

Ganon

vs. Samus i was mostly screwing around here trying to make the utilt hit, hehe.

vs. Roy

Mario

vs. Doc

F o x (when you need a high tier, you need a high tier...my emergency character for impossible tourney deficits/disposing of gay ranged marths that abuse my low tiers)
vs. Red Fox

vs. Red Fox

any pointers or general comments would be nice.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Funny, you play pretty much the Pichu I played 8 months ago ^^ You have potential :p

I'd say aim your attacks a little better. Don't do anything reckless and especially don't F-throw, it sucks.

Fastfall some more to make your game faster. You'll get to the ground earlier so you can set up your shield. I also noticed sometimes you just stand there waiting to get hit (like at 00:10), so shield. Especially when your on a platform. Try to avoid risky situations a lot.

Also, you Fair way too much and Dair a little too much. Try Bair some more, it's one of his best aerials. And on a final note, use UPTILT O_O Up-tilt is godly. Use it and get delighted.

And rofl @ your location. I wonder where you got that from.......

PichuFTW

Smash Rookie
Funny, you play pretty much the Pichu I played 8 months ago ^^ You have potential :p

I'd say aim your attacks a little better. Don't do anything reckless and especially don't F-throw, it sucks.

Fastfall some more to make your game faster. You'll get to the ground earlier so you can set up your shield. I also noticed sometimes you just stand there waiting to get hit (like at 00:10), so shield. Especially when your on a platform. Try to avoid risky situations a lot.

Also, you Fair way too much and Dair a little too much. Try Bair some more, it's one of his best aerials. And on a final note, use UPTILT O_O Up-tilt is godly. Use it and get delighted.

And rofl @ your location. I wonder where you got that from.......
yeah, i loved your guide (though i haven't finished reading it all the way through yet) so i decided to use the jolt wall for my location, hope you don't mind.

thanks a lot for the pointers!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
No problem man. Just keep improving ;p And try to get some tournament experience, helps a lot.

Top Bottom