• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my link please

well you have a very solid base, you need to start adapt your style a little, and that comes with practice. Go play tornies, come to hyrule.

I have a question to you.
What are you looking at on the screen?

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
if u mean when im playing i cant really specify what i look at, i guess most of the time i look at the character im using, in this case link

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
You approached with Zair alot. He was able to blast you happily while you approached. Try mixing up your approaches, arrow cancelling would help alot. You did a lot of grabbing, thankfully they hit because if they didn't... Yeah. Don't overdo the grabbing. Kudos on that first kill though :D

Edit: Don't chargez teh arrowz. Youz gotz punishedz (0:09)

Note to Fox: Why'd you go down and reflector edgeguard when link fell helplessly?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
if u mean when im playing i cant really specify what i look at, i guess most of the time i look at the character im using, in this case link
Pay attention to the other person more. Study them and pick up thier habits, then punish. This is crucial for any character, and I'm pretty sure this is what Lootic was going to get at. But like Lootic said, you have a good base and seem like you can improve.

And Fox probably did that to humiliate him/try to get a shine spike.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Learn your own character well enough so that you can watch your opponent instead, and you'll see your playstyle improve drastically.
AC'ing=phail against Fox. Don't even try. And definitely don't charge arrows when playing Fox, because that is even easier for them to deal with.

Zair is a good move in this matchup, starting at about 10% this starts leading into combos such as zair>grab. Make sure to keep Fox at a happy medium distance, so that he can't outspam you (doesn't seem like he can, until you take into account the fact that he reflects your projectiles while spamming you with his own) and don't let him inside your guard. Otherwise he will combo you into oblivion.
Use jabs, zair, usmash, fsmash, UpB, occasionally grabs, utilt, nair, bair, and fair to keep racking damage and keep him at your medium distance.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
You have pretty decent spacing most the time...

Uh, would it be worth it for someone to create an official 'Rate mah link' thread?

ndayday

BRoomer
Isn't the one Legan has up a critique thread? I don't think he comes around much anymore, so you should ask SuSa if you can make one.

But yes, take Ano's advice. He knows what he's talking about.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Not really. I don't have a lot of experience in this matchup, so I'm going off of what Link pros and Fox pros have said to me. -_-

ndayday

BRoomer
Good video! :) I respect the fact you actually put tons of clips where you made dumb mistakes, that'll really help you if you can identify the problems you have. For example, you seem like a Dair happy guy, and you may want to cut down on that. There were some nice combos, I like the video. Sorry I can't really offer tons of help.

If I may, I'm going to point out that the Mario gimps on you were really cool. :laugh:

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the responce, and yeah those gimps were cool, kirin really owned me that match, lol

hambread

Smash Apprentice
in the video, 4:11 = textbook stuff from izaw's guide.
pretty good! from the video i've seen a few situations where you could've followed up with craqwalks so you might wanna learn how to put that into your game. i dont think you really need it tho.

btw if you're dair happy try norfair. low ceiling win.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
for starts you should dpot dodge more even if your opponent wasn't much of a grabber , though use more b-air to reversed airow cancel and try to use boosted up smash more often to get behind their sheild.

Top Bottom