• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help my kirby?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
well the best thing would be to have vids of you playing...

anyways um... yeah its really hard to just explain everything what is giving you problems?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
umm ok your bread and butter for damage dealing would be from bairs and grabs.

bairs you just need to space and hit your opponent whenever you can... umm yeah the bair discussion should help you with this.

low percents you can do the fthrow>uair combos (watch gonzo's videos if you haven't seen them)
after that pretty much always dthrow whenever you get a grab
make sure to fit in some pummels when you grab (not so much at lower percents, remember the amount of pummels you get in is based on their damage)

on the ground go for utilts when your back is to the opponent and dtilt when they are close by in front of you (can be great shield pressure)

edgeguarding just follow your opponent and hit them with bairs or go for a spike... and if you won't be able to reach them in time you can try for an edgehog or just hit them as they try to approach the stage.

well thats just some basic advice... hope it helped lol
theres the thread on individual attacks and the faq which may be able to help you too if you haven't looked already

storm92

Smash Ace
Throw combos:
Fthrow-->Uair-->Fthrow-->Uair-->Fsmash/Double Jump Aerial Hammer
Dthrow-->Utilt repeatedly
Dthrow-->Dthrow-->Dthrow-->Utilt on Fox/Falco

Use Fair and Aerial Hammer for recovering horizontally off the stage.
Use Bairs for spacing, approaches, and edgeguarding. (everything)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I was expecting a video to critique. Ah, wonderful assumptions!

I have a FAQ you might be interested in (if you did not read it), and I think it gives good general tips.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
We have several great players with Kirby, watch videos of them, is the best way to evolve, after this PRACTICE A LOT. ^^

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Do like what all of the Pros do...

just come up with your own styles...this way you can find out what your doing wrong,

also you shouldent always play to win, having fear that you will lose will cause more losses,

and dont read the guide,the writers are nowhere near our league,

and follow these rules,

rule #1 : CPUS ARE NOT GOOD PRACTICE,
no matter what way you put them in, the resons you can ask me later,

rule #2 CONSTANT PLAY IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU,

one of the oddest yet most proven rules in MLG is that is that constantly playing (to practice) dosent help you.
if you dont execiese etc.(a apologize for the spelling errors...) you WILL lose your awareness,putting you in a condition where most of your skill comes from surface reaction ( the feel to perform a certain action )

rule #3 GET RID OF PERSONAL IMAGE!!

just because someone looks younger than you dosent mean that they are less experienced, same as with 70 year old people, DONT UNDERESTIMATE!!!
(I still have yet to learn this -_-)

and thats it thats all i have to say...

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm with you.. I practice for hours upon hours every day and I'm still no good. I always lose, haven't won online match yet.

Top Bottom