• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my friend's Link?

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
DISCLAIMER:

I am not a Link player. I just play him a couple times in friendlies.

L Cancel

Use it! Too many D-airs without L cancels, disgusting. (Joking)

Too many Forward Smashes....

Forward Smash are good, but he's using it at a time where it is non beneficial. It can shrink shields like wap, but he's faced away and smashing? O_o

Don't do air dodges high in the air, it's too punishable.

Stew likes air dodging high in the air, maybe thinking he may get hit. A substitue for that is to just use an attack that will protect/intercept your opponets. Most of these air dodges are pointless seeming?

Grab more.

Grabbing more gives you great damage to give away. Though Link is a terrible grabber, try putting more in your game play.

Use his smexy wavedash.

It's short but fast, instead of roll dodging back use a wavedash or jump backwards (most likey a backwards short hop)

Arrows aren't that reliant.

Falco is putting up his reflector and Link holds his bow and misses the reflector. Staying stable holding the arrows and charging to shoot is risky. The move is also terrible slow. I'm not saying that it's a bad move though. Maybe a little less.

When he is retreating a bomb should be in his hand.

Stew retreated and waited. He could had picked up a bomb and thrown it. But it's his choice to pick one up or not.

Less mid air Down A

It's slow and punishable. Don't use it especially against a fast faller, because they will fall back down and punish you easily wiht a F-smash.

Don't Spam Up B

Not the best move to use. It's like Link's Down Air.

When He's getting a bomb, short hop.

Short Hop if he wants to pick up a bomb. Less lag time there. Just a little thing, but you don't have to.

I'm not trying to be a mean person making Stew feel bad. If you look at it this way, the more mistakes he makes, the more he can learn. :^)

Top Bottom