• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help My FLUUD Game

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm perfectly fine using Mario without FLUUD but I might as well give FLUUD a shot.

I know the basics, but are there any advanced techniques that are worth learning?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
There really isn't anything to advanced about the Fludd...people here might try to tell you it's a god send and you should have been using it from the get go but it's nothing special.

anyway here are some more things to know

Ness and Lucas are easily gimped during their up-b(Push them out of the way or hit the PKThunder before it hit's them)

Fox and Falco are able to be gimped out of their Up-B and SideB(Much easier to spray their side-b though). I'm not so sure about Wolf but I would imagine it's the same

and now ?????????? is going to come in here with his near bottomless knowledge on Fludd

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
Amen to that brother. :laugh:

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, only use it when it is necesarry.

I completely ***** Ganondof and Falcon though.

BTW, does F.L.U.D.D. unstale moves? If so, it might be worth more than we make it to be.

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
You can use it for spacing, but as you should know, it's mostly for gimping recoveries. fludd to cape kills so many people if fludd doesn't do the job

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Then I guess I don't really need to use FLUUD do I?

???????

Smash Journeyman
You can get along without for a while but you'll eventually have to learn how to use it properly.

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
i guess to learn a lot on timing and aiming you spam it as much as possible for a few days(in friendlies) and that teaches you how and when to use it. but besides that it can be used as a spacing took as said before, but more importantly, when your out of options or are confused and need a second to figure out what to do (like agenst a mk spamming up b to glide attack) spray fludd at them and they will 1. back off for a second or two. 2. loose there timing that may give an opening. 3. stall their dash attack/aerial attack just long enough to give them a u smash or f smash. 4. do nothing but delay the game a few secs while they wait for it to end. (5. they punish you because you spraid the wrong way) ((# 5 is optional)) it takes opponents quite a while to figure out how to punish you for using fludd because you can greatly affect their movement by hitting them with the whole thing, or minorly effect them by only hitting them with part of it. the only times when you will get punished is when they are within tilt range, because they can get off a tilt before you can start fludding. or they are zelda and fire ball you with her invisible fire. and a few other things, but thats why you spammed it during friendlies. i was told it kills a few characters up b's before they happen if you hit them on the starting frame but it never worked for me and i would love if someone put me in the direction of a video or agreed with that statement (i was told that it kills DK ike and zeldas up b so they just fall and never get the move off). thats my 2 cents though. i think that fludd is amazing agents some characters like marth, ike, lucas/ness, picachu while its pointless or not very helpfull agenst others such as rob, mk, snake.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
I'm perfectly fine using Mario without FLUUD but I might as well give FLUUD a shot.

I know the basics, but are there any advanced techniques that are worth learning?

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
No real advanced Techs with fluud

Just remember that its better used on someone that has already used all recover methods and cannot do anything, Ikes Up-B Fox and falco can be pushed while fireing, and DK eats its :\ almost like its not happening so make sure to wait for his up-b to end.

Top Bottom