• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help my falco...

czdadegrees

Smash Rookie
ok guys im new here ive been playing with falco for a lil while i cant get how to do this combo that im seeing in alot of these falco vids where falso dashs hits them with a regukar smash the up please help me out....:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-N03kJX_g
^^in the first three minutes you can see what im talking about :ohwell:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about boost smashing? Like a Dash attack into an Up smash only much faster?

Because to do that you Run>C stick Down > Up Z. It has to be done pretty quickly with Falco.

You also need to state your question a little better.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
^^^ thats a boost smash. what i think he is talking about is a gattling combo, where you hit someone with a dash attack, and as soon as contact is made hit up on the c stick

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell, what the above posters said are the only two possible things you're getting at. But that's just one move. Do you have a video of your Falco?

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
^^^ thats a boost smash. what i think he is talking about is a gattling combo, where you hit someone with a dash attack, and as soon as contact is made hit up on the c stick
I heard you do down C then up C while running. But I haven't been able to do it that way, so is it a timing thing?

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I heard you do down C then up C while running. But I haven't been able to do it that way, so is it a timing thing?
First, it only works if you make contact. If your dash attack doesn't make contact with your opponent, you'll merely dash-attack in thin air and you won't follow up with the U-Smash.

Second, you need to hit C-stick down a fraction of a second before you reach your opponent to initiate the attack, then you need slam C-stick directly up as quickly as possible. In this sense, you should be hitting C-stick down and C-stick up with almost nonexistant delay between the two thumb motions.

This will cause Falco to initate a Dash-Attack, and then automatically follow the attack with an Up-Smash. The timing takes a couple minutes to get used to, but soon after you'll find it's very easy and reliable to do. In fact, every dash attack you make can be turned into this 'combo' with relatively no trouble at all. There is a remarkably large margin of error when performing this technique.

Top Bottom