• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my Doc please!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94448

Okay, that's the link^^ to my Doc. Please help it. My Sheik is there too... just pay attention to the Doc ones though. Thanks in advance to everyone that helps. I think I've gotten better since my last batch of vids 8-).

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
hey man.

i watched the link games, and two of the marth games, and i have to say, you have a pretty solid Doc.

something i really liked was the opening to the second marth game. you made good use of the pills and Nair. and the opening combo was just pretty. (simple, yet effective, and pretty looking). actually, you seem to make good use of the pills and nair in general, nice work.

you generally seem to know how to take advantage of platforms, which is good. wavelanding Bairs and Nairs off of platforms always sems to be unexpected, so should always be taken advantage of.

and the short CG combo's on his link were cool. i do have some pointers on that subject though. try to keep a closer eye of his percentage when CGing, and make sure you know what you can and cant do to him at that percentage. dont try to drag CGing on longer than it is plausible, you want to finish the combo, as opposed to having it interrupted. the knowing what you can and cant do mostly stems from practice, so keep it up!

a few more general observations:

-i notcied a ledgedash in there somewhere. do it more! Doc can get a Dsmash out of a ledgedash before he runs out of invunerability frames. i saw at one point you rolled from the ledge into a Dsmash, the Ledgedashed version would have been better.
-having said that, dont roll from the ledge so much, Ledge dashes and ledge hopped arials (specifically Dair and Nair)are the way to go. theres nothing wrong with it occasionally, but since its predictable and easy to punish, use it sparingly.
-also, just generally roll less. instead of rolling back, WD back. remember rolling takes you a set distance, and for that reason, is easy to punish.

i liked how you took advantage of your opponents lag, this being most noticable when his link missed a grab. i saw you CC smashes, and JCing grabs, keep it up!

you definately have a solid doc.

-x-

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, thanks Khaine. I was wondering if anyone was gonna gimme tips and now I have some. :) I can't believe how much I roll. lol I gotta break that habbit... also, Khaine, you should def watch my 4th match cuz that's where all the semi-decent combos break out... and the 3rd one you'll laugh I think. Thanks for the tips man.

Top Bottom