• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarthRunner

Smash Cadet
NNID
reallemon
Hey Smash Brethren, I am wanting to get started hacking Melee! I am interested in audio swapping (like custom taunts) and making your own skins and game music and maybe stages? I know a little bit about how it is done in PM, but NOTHING for Melee... Could someone help me get started? This doesnt use BrawlBox, right?

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey Smash Brethren, I am wanting to get started hacking Melee! I am interested in audio swapping (like custom taunts) and making your own skins and game music and maybe stages? I know a little bit about how it is done in PM, but NOTHING for Melee... Could someone help me get started? This doesnt use BrawlBox, right?
The best place to start is in the OP of this thread: Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

That's also a good thread to post in for general questions that might not already have a good, more-specialized thread for it.

Basically just look around for threads that have titles that might pertain to whatever you want to know about, and start reading. :) The search feature is also really useful, especially for those really long threads (but searches can also cover entire forums/subforums).

And no, we generally don't use BrawlBox, except for some specific audio format conversions (which might actually be totally obsolete now with some of the programs that have been developed recently) and some uncommon stage/model hacking things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom