• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with my Ganondorf

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Where are you from?

LOL, I feel like every time you hit down B you hit your opponent. Your friends are skilled but they have a lot to learn about fighting Ganon.

The biggest thing is work on your spacing. For at least a month, try your hardest to only hit your opponent with only the very outer tip of your hitboxes. Just like marth often aims to do. Reading your opponent is part of this and it won't become easy immediately, but spacing is the most important thing. Also try to refrain from throwing out moves unless they have a purpose. Ganon can't afford to spam moves unless you know for a fact you are at a safe distance to do it (in which case you might even bait them into being vulnerable). I also think you were a little too trigger happy with smash attacks (mostly dsmash), spot-dodges, and B-moves. That's all I've got for now, if you want, I will dissect one of those matches and tell you all sorts of things you could have done better, or you can wait and upload some other ones after you've worked on spacing and I'll dissect and analyze one of those.

XxTDSxX

Smash Rookie
Where are you from?

LOL, I feel like every time you hit down B you hit your opponent. Your friends are skilled but they have a lot to learn about fighting Ganon.

The biggest thing is work on your spacing. For at least a month, try your hardest to only hit your opponent with only the very outer tip of your hitboxes. Just like marth often aims to do. Reading your opponent is part of this and it won't become easy immediately, but spacing is the most important thing. Also try to refrain from throwing out moves unless they have a purpose. Ganon can't afford to spam moves unless you know for a fact you are at a safe distance to do it (in which case you might even bait them into being vulnerable). I also think you were a little too trigger happy with smash attacks (mostly dsmash), spot-dodges, and B-moves. That's all I've got for now, if you want, I will dissect one of those matches and tell you all sorts of things you could have done better, or you can wait and upload some other ones after you've worked on spacing and I'll dissect and analyze one of those.

Well firstly thanks for answering :smirk:

:mario: I'm from Florence/Firenze, Italy :luigi: .

I'was looking for a main. :foxmelee: ,:falcomelee: , :marthmelee: are really too mainstream therefore I tried :ganondorfmelee: .

Yeah I did lots of down b to my friend (there was only one, Mirko) because I hit him practically always. If something I do works, I do it. I'm aware also I must stop to abuse dair and d-smash.

After those videos I focused more in increase my speed and improve fastfall (and SHFFL in general). Now i'm going to improve my spacing as you suggested me (so thank you again for your advices )

I'm also gonna buy an hardware/capture card in order to record and upload more and better videos. So don't worry, there's no needing to dissect matches now, maybe later.

PS: Is M2K the one in your avatar?

Top Bottom