• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with counter picks

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
I am having a smash tournament soon at my house. Since its at my house i know the competition very well. I am a pure pokemon trainer main right now, but the way the tourney will work is u can sign up to 3 characters. I can beat most the competiton there with just pokemon trainer, there is only 1 person i am worried about.

The person that can beat me plays metaknight and olimar(sometimes pikachu as well) I am trying to think what would be a good character to counter this? I am not good with many other characters other than PT but i have tons of time to learn a character and get good(i have lik 4 months) I was thinking make my 2nd char Falco or marth? what do you think about that?

my next 2 concerns(not very big ones i can usually handle fine with PT) are an IKE player and a toon link player, this shouldnt be too big of a deal. I am decent with pit thinking hed be a good MU to use against toon link and maybe Ike as well.

who should my 3 character be for these threats: metaknight, olimar, ike , and toon link.

I was thinking : Pokemon Trainer, Pit, and falco or marth.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
inb4justpickmk

Don't pick characters just to beat other people, use the ones you feel better with. People normlly play better if the characters fit their playstyle and not because of the matchups.
If you feel confident with your Pokémon Trainer, stick with it and register other characters you feel confy with.

SoulPech

Smash Master
kyo is right. I use Puff competively and there are some MUs that I absolutely hate, so instead of using her, I use Wario.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
i recommend falco. falco is argued to go even with MK and has an advantage against olimar. falco also does really well against ike and toon link. falco is also fairly basic. the fancy stuff like bdacusing and dis-b cancel is very useful, but you can still do well. if you are able to beat your competition with PT, a basic falco will be fine for you. you may not like falco though, so don't learn him just to learn him.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Counter picks are meant to address problems you have against playstyles or strategies, not specific characters.

:phone:

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
^ no
many people have pocket characters for specific match ups. Many people main 2 characters because they prefer one in certain match ups and the other in other match ups.

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
^ Basically that.
I don't mean this as an argument against Smash's quality as a game but the gameplay is purposefully simplistic. As a result of that there are characters who actually have no realistic way to answer certain scenarios making some character/stage combinations basically unbeatable. The main reason for the counter pick system is to never force a player to play a match that is impossible.

Top Bottom