• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Help me to quit Smash 4

Mew072

Smash Rookie
NNID
Psychic Boss
3DS FC
1461-6400-5383
Please could someone give me advice on how to quit smash. I'm frustrated that I'm really bad at smash 4. I don't know why I'm bad or what I'm doing wrong and whenever I ask what can I improve/ what I'm doing wrong no one gives me good advice.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Please could someone give me advice on how to quit smash. I'm frustrated that I'm really bad at smash 4. I don't know why I'm bad or what I'm doing wrong and whenever I ask what can I improve/ what I'm doing wrong no one gives me good advice.
Instead of quit, why don't you just research.

Here's some starter guides to fix some possible problems of your play:

Mew072

Smash Rookie
NNID
Psychic Boss
3DS FC
1461-6400-5383
Instead of quit, why don't you just research.

Here's some starter guides to fix some possible problems of your play:

I know about the neutral and how to space properly I just seem to get worse and worse without knowing why

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Again no offense but I analyse my gameplay and this advice isn't really useful :/ sorry
So your execution is where it needs to be? You can do majority of what you think of? Have you tried to using different characters for extended amounts of time (weeks or so)? If you're still like," Ive done all of this and stuff no use" play me then.

Last edited:

Mew072

Smash Rookie
NNID
Psychic Boss
3DS FC
1461-6400-5383
So your execution is where it needs to be? You can do majority of what you think of? Have you tried to using different characters for extended amounts of time (weeks or so)? If you're still like," Ive done all of this and stuff no use" play me then.
I would play you but I gtg to bed so I'll happily play you tomorow and learn some things :)

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
Again no offense but I analyse my gameplay and this advice isn't really useful :/ sorry
I don't want to sound rude, but you're not doing what he's saying. If you are good at neutral and execution then you shouldn't be so bad at the game. Especially if you analyze your replays. So you're either making a half-ass attempt at all of these things or your just making excuses for yourself so you can be frustrated. Go to your character board, ask questions, go to locals, get ur **** kicked in, ask questions, and quit filling your head with this "im so bad" stuff. You're literally sm4sh jesus but you just dont know it yet.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
So far, all the advice here is that you can be good if you do the right things. Since your post asks something a bit different, I'm going to tell you something else - get out.

Seriously, get outside. If you're in college, go join an intramural sport. High school? Find some people to hang out with, or immerse yourself in interesting electives.

Competitive smash isn't for everyone, and not everyone in competitive smash plays for the same reasons. Some people in my scene will settle for no less than first. I'm content playing a character I love and doing crazy stuff. My best friends enjoy nothing more than item FFA on Hyrule Temple.

So, if you don't have the motivation to keep playing... Go do something else. Get a new perspective, and maybe you'll come back with a clearer image of what you want out of the game.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
I know what you mean just don't give up. Or maybe take a break from the game and pick up something else for a while. (Rocket League is chill)

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Just do what I did and trade the game in at Gamestop and get as much money back as possible.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Your profile shows you main Ganondorf. He's a terrible character. Hard to do well with a terrible character. Also, if you REALLY want to quit smashboards won't help bc we all want you to keep playing but get better and have more fun playing.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Smash and all other competitive games take an extreme amount of time and dedication to get proficient at. It has to be the only thing you do, all the time. If you stop working on your technique, you'll get worse. That's just how it is with these games, you have to practically worship them like a false god if you want to get anywhere decent. Over the last few years, my interest in all competitive gaming has sharply decreased because of this. I just want to play many games casually and have fun with my friends, not stress over how good I am.

And that's why I quit. I'd much rather work on my drawing skills anyway, it's a much more fulfilling pursuit and there's no one standing in my way of improving.

Ultimately you have to decide for yourself whether you want to dedicate hundreds of hours into improving. If not, then quit. I honestly don't think it's worth spending all that time when there's easier ways to make money.

Top Bottom