• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me out! Rate my Luigi!! (new videos!!)

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412

Super-Donovan-64

Smash Rookie
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being pure greatness, I'd have to say about an 8, only because you missed quite a few attacks. Not a WHOLE lot of attacks, but a few.

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
It seems to me like you neglect to use your tilts...but then again his utilt would get toon link above you which is a bad idea. I did see a few situations where you could have side tilted to get a quick hit in. We need videos of you fighting someone besides toon link to get a more realistic picture of how good your luigi is.

Also you need to work on incorporating more hugging for some easy kills, but thats kinda situational so its hard to tell if you know how to do it from these few videos.

One more thing is you didn't really use your fireballs very often. They can be useful for varying your approach from just the tornado.

Overall looks pretty good :).

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
It seems to me like you neglect to use your tilts...but then again his utilt would get toon link above you which is a bad idea. I did see a few situations where you could have side tilted to get a quick hit in. We need videos of you fighting someone besides toon link to get a more realistic picture of how good your luigi is.

Also you need to work on incorporating more hugging for some easy kills, but thats kinda situational so its hard to tell if you know how to do it from these few videos.

One more thing is you didn't really use your fireballs very often. They can be useful for varying your approach from just the tornado.

Overall looks pretty good :).

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I am trying to incorporate fireballs more often. I realize that I definately need a few approaches rather then trying to rely on one.

Could you go into detail about hugging?

Thanks again. I added more videos of me fighting a marth and an ike. I will also have videos of me fighting another luigi as well as a lucario.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
I've got some suggestions. In no way do I mean to sound rude. I think that's worth mentioning. Also, yer WeeGee is pretty good overall, keep it up! Now here are some things I noticed that you may want to work on.

Overall Game:
Try not to be so excited to get hits in. Try to be a little more calculated and make some setups for bigger things. Also, try to learn the timing of edge hugging (grabbing the edge to deny someone else) so that you have invulnerability frames when you you catch as your opponent is trying their UpB, causing them to whiff and keeping you safe.

Character Specific:
I noted more than one stock of yours was lost due to improper use of WeeGee's downB recovery technique. That needs to be used, and it needs to be tapped FAST to get good results. Also, needs more upB. Luigi's biggest strength is his ability to legitimately take stocks at very low percents, and you should be abusing that as much as possible. You may want to look into a little more downB as an approach. It can be a powerful tool.

Tech. Skill:
You seem to have most of your tech skill in place, but I would suggest learning and abusing a little bit of Luigi's technical prowess. Namely, his air game should be based around his quick-cancelling or auto-cancelling aerials, such as his fAir, bAir and his nAir. If you find yourself still airborne after an attack, throw a nAir in there. It's a strong hit at first, combo starter at end, and cancels when it touches the ground. Think of landing with a nAir and going into an unexpected Jab into UpB combo. Gets 'em every time. :-)

Hope some of this has been helpful. Thanks for listening, and keep on WeeGee'in!

linkx3728

Smash Rookie
i can't say much cuz i've played luigi ever since i unloacked him in 64 but i've never gotten that good at him, so i don't know if your really good or amateur, i'd say a 7 on a scale to 1 to 10, advice though, control your down B more, you kinda go all over the place with it

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
I've got some suggestions. In no way do I mean to sound rude. I think that's worth mentioning. Also, yer WeeGee is pretty good overall, keep it up! Now here are some things I noticed that you may want to work on.

Overall Game:
Try not to be so excited to get hits in. Try to be a little more calculated and make some setups for bigger things. Also, try to learn the timing of edge hugging (grabbing the edge to deny someone else) so that you have invulnerability frames when you you catch as your opponent is trying their UpB, causing them to whiff and keeping you safe.

Character Specific:
I noted more than one stock of yours was lost due to improper use of WeeGee's downB recovery technique. That needs to be used, and it needs to be tapped FAST to get good results. Also, needs more upB. Luigi's biggest strength is his ability to legitimately take stocks at very low percents, and you should be abusing that as much as possible. You may want to look into a little more downB as an approach. It can be a powerful tool.

Tech. Skill:
You seem to have most of your tech skill in place, but I would suggest learning and abusing a little bit of Luigi's technical prowess. Namely, his air game should be based around his quick-cancelling or auto-cancelling aerials, such as his fAir, bAir and his nAir. If you find yourself still airborne after an attack, throw a nAir in there. It's a strong hit at first, combo starter at end, and cancels when it touches the ground. Think of landing with a nAir and going into an unexpected Jab into UpB combo. Gets 'em every time. :-)

Hope some of this has been helpful. Thanks for listening, and keep on WeeGee'in!

Oh yeah this is very helpful. I have noticed my tendency to always try to get hits in. It's a real bad habit of mine that I am working on breaking. Thanks for the suggestions on hugging. I definately need to slow down a bit and "think" about what I am doing. I noticed tilts come out incredibly fast after a nair. I have since started using that. Hopefully my new videos will show some improvement. THanks again.

MyReincarnation

Smash Cadet
NNID
Theoriginal87
Those were good matches! Luigi is pretty good against snake and toon link(I've personally met a toon link player online and I never lost a match). Maybe we can exchange brawl friend codes although I'm not completely sure if there will be lag or not. I would rate you an 8/10, you should try the jab to UpB glitch more.

Vist

Smash Champion
ah cool, one of our luigi dittos :)

My only pointer from the matches we played that really stuck out was the fact that I was able to get away with baiting you into rolls and having it usually work as long as I didn't mess up the timing of the follow up attack. Now I see a lot of messed up timing of a ton of moves from just this one match on both our parts, but its hard to really judge that since this was a WiFi match.

What I mean about the baiting thing is basically where I kinda hold back and get you to approach, then have you roll towards me and I'll just try to attack you out of your roll.

2:11-2:12, 4:01-4:02 are prime examples and theres also a handful of failed attempts because of wifi johns on my part :laugh:

anyway, you should try to go to a local tournament and record some of your matches. It would probably be a lot easier to suggest any improvements from some tournament vids as opposed to online friendlies.

Top Bottom