• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me out im a new mario user.

frank208

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new to these boards, and I'd like some help with Mario. I just recently started to main him but I'm gonna stick with him forever now, lol. I wana know all his techniques and skill moves.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey, welcome to Smashboards, and the Mario boards. Check out all the Sticky Guides on the boards to know about what Mario can do. Also check up on the Match-up guide to know how we fair against other characters, and definately check out HeroMystic's F.L.U.U.D guide, to learn more about the FLUUD, when to use it, etc. I hope you enjoy your stay on Smashboards :).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Check stickies.
Don't make "How would you make Mario's moveset better" threads.
Don't make "FLUDD sucks" threads.

EDIT: Oh, and check the FLUDD guide or I'll smack you.

Enjoy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Hi, I'm new to these boards, and I'd like some help with Mario. I just recently started to main him but I'm gonna stick with him forever now, lol. I wana know all his techniques and skill moves.
Definitely take a look at the video archive as well. That way you can get a look at how Mario's generally played.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Learn how to SHFF in general, it makes Mario (and pretty much anyone...) a lot faster. Reverse Uairs are your friend :3

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
fireball approaches are important too! bouncing projectile, its fun =]
but everyone above me pretty much summed up all there is to do. Good luck

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Mario's alot of fun to use. Everything here they've said is very true. Utilt Canceling into Grabs or Smashes are pretty sweet (Utilt itself owns, you can do a number of things with it.), double jump aerials (SHDair>DJ>Uair>Uair/Bair [If they move behind from the first Uair of course.]) are really neat 'combos'.

Fireball approaches are key too, SHFire>Grab/AAA/Smashes. And if you got really wanted to you can even chain that Standard A into a Jab Cancel. Mario has alot up his sleeve and, as I'm sure you've already found out, he's a great character. Have fun using him. :D

Top Bottom