• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help me, my wii is bricked

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The only way you can fix it is if you installed Preloader or Bootmii before you did the whole HBC process and if you used Bootmii, you have to have made a copy of your NAND.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the ppl in the smash workshop would prob be able to help u a lot better than here
or gbatemp forums

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Downgrading = dumb, I don't see a point to it anymore with safe updaters out there

Here's what likely happened. You downgraded from w/e system menu you had before to 3.3E and downloaded both the System Menu and its backbone (IOS30 v2576)

You also had IOS50 stubbed (which means mostly deleted) when you first upgraded.

Well, it found that IOS50 on your update disc was a lower version than the one you had (the stub's version number is higher than the real one)

So when you updated to 3.4E, you had the System Menu, but since the backbone of it was stubbed and useless, the System Menu can't boot up.

tl;dr you're screwed unless you have bootmii/preloader installed, you gotta call Nintendo and have them fix it

xxpikalexxx

Smash Rookie
well then u gotta call nintendo. tho i dont think they'll fix it for free........

MysteryT

Smash Rookie
Is the downgrade from before the time that the person's Wii model shipped? If so, that may be voiding the warranty of the machine.

If Nintendo receives the machine and figures this out (assuming it is true), then Nintendo will know that the Wii was hacked.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Wiiso.com has got your back. Seen so many people like you make the call that their wii is bricked, just have a pop-up blocker ready before loading that page.

Top Bottom