• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me get my computer netplay-ready?

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
I saw a similar thread that was active but this seemed different enough. That person wants to build a computer, and I have one that needs upgrading.

Here is my current computer. (I've also included the part list in a spoiler at the bottom of this post.) It's about 4 years old but it's served me well. However, it can't handle Melee at full speed. I haven't tried actual netplay yet, but even offline it's not the smoothest. Mostly playable, but it would not hold up online. I've decided that it's time to do some upgrading. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I actually need to do. I don't know where the bottleneck is, nor what kind of specs I should be shooting for.

As for budget: The absolute highest I can go is about $500, but that's all the money I currently own. I'd much rather spend less. Again, I'm totally lost here. I don't know what things need upgrading or how much better the new parts need to be, so I have no idea what a reasonable amount to spend is.

Is this doable, or will I have to save up some more?

----------

Part list:

Top Bottom