• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me edge guard with wolf

harth234

Smash Rookie
So i was wondering if anyone could tell me the most or an effective way to edge guard with wolf as i often kill my self in the process. Also i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good approach for a wavebounced side b from lucus.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Bair is your best friend when edgeguarding with Wolf. But first you need to train yourself in the ways of his recovery. Go into training and practice hitting a dummy off the edge, edgeguarding it, and then returning. This will not train you to edgeguard a human opponent, because they can be much smarter about their recovery than the training dummy, but the important practice you do get from it will be learning to return to the stage from a variety of angles. I also suggest that you practice aiming Up B A LOT. Get used to how to angle it inbetween just the easy straight up or 45 degree positions. A correctly angled version of the move can often save you where a straight up or a 45 degree will kill you.

1337z0r

Smash Cadet
side b is a better move for recovery horizontally, keep that in mind. you could always just spam blaster on the ledge instead

the_powner

Smash Cadet
Bair air is my wolfs main kill move. Normally i set up with Fsmash wait for when other player is trying to recover i double jump Bair them and rite away with a easy safe return. Sometimes the other player is to low (under stage level) your best bet is to legde hog or spike if they arnt to low under stage level

keep in mind somecharaters are harder than others

harth234

Smash Rookie
thanks for the advice im for sure going to practice the up b anyway how about an approach to a wavebounced side b from lucas

Top Bottom