• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Me Be As ANNOYING As Possible!

robdude

Smash Rookie
I'm not much of a gamer these days; I just plain got old. Back in high school, sure, every weekend it was time for Smash with the guys...but now I'm 1000 miles away from them, with a full-time job, a girlfriend that lives with me, and I just don't have as much time to devote to the game as my friends.

When we played Melee I was certainly on-par with my friends; I wasn't the best in the group, but I wasn't the worst and in any 1v1 situation, I had a chance of winning.

I purchased a wii just to play this game with them; but by the time I even got one; they'd all beat the SSE, unlocked all the characters and had many hours under their belt - when we played, I was certainly the worst.

Sure, I could play for hours and hours to become good, but I don't have that time anymore (or I'm not willing to spend it playing the wii) but I do enjoy playing with my old friends. What I want to do is, essentially, become a dirty/cheap/ANNOYING player. I want to use tactics that will annoy others.

So, I'm asking here for the 'cheapest' character, moves, and any tips anyone has for me. We play 4 man FFA - and I find that characters with ranged weapons can be very annoying. Mario/Fox/Falco/Pit seem to be the best for spamming ranged attacks - but I haven't played all of the characters.

I've also been looking into techniques to get a 'cheap' kill. I'm only able to do this with Ness, but I haven't experimented with everyone - a downward smash will spend an opponent straight down (I've been killing CPU players at < 40% using this) and then PK-Thunder or whatever it is to get myself back on. Are there other characters better suited for this (Ideally, I'd like a character with an annoying ranged attack + the ability to get very cheap, low percentage kills).

Any other tips for me? Any annoying or cheap tactics that you use?

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
If you have the American version, Pit without any doubt, just run to an edge, spam arrows and ->B when anyone gets close

Also kudos if you taunt as much as possible, that taunt is very annoy-YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Use Pit and spam arrows until someone gets to you, at which point you should spam his side special and get to the other side...Rinse and repeat...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dont know what to tell ya, but this thread is a good start..

(I had to say it, lol)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Wolf

Either spam your smashes around the stage
OR
Go to the edge, laser spam, smash spam when they get too close, get away, repeat

Break

Smash Apprentice
If you have the American version, Pit without any doubt, just run to an edge, spam arrows and ->B when anyone gets close

Also kudos if you taunt as much as possible, that taunt is very annoy-YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET YOU'RE NOT READY YET
In the realm of annoying, Pit is God.

NometheGnome

Smash Rookie
Use Bowser/Dedede/Kirby/Wario/DK/Diddy and suicide....bowser has a backflip or something...dedede/kirby is a little obvious. Wario farts on people and if your falling and they are edge guarding hold your mouth open bite em and dont let go. DKs grab and walk forward...a lil harderd cuase its easy to get out of. Diddy....the diddy hump is pretty much one of the funniest things to see kill a person in my opinion, however hard as **** to do(imo).

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Either Pit's "You're not ready yet" taunt spam, or Peach's "La La La" taunt spam. Either way, spamming the loudest, most obnoxious taunts is a good way to annoy people.

That and, no matter what character you pick, just use the same ability over and over and over again. Preferably one that the character makes loud grunting sounds with.

Supax

Smash Apprentice
if you wanna be 'annoying' and the players you are playing with don't know the game very well just spam pit's arrows and don't let them get close. It's extremely frustrating for noobs that don't know what to do against projectiles :-P then spam his neutral A when they get close and hope they don't know what DI is :)

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Use Snake. Go to one side of the screen, drop C4, downsmash to place a mine, throw grenades. When someone approaches you double jump up and UpB, fly the the other side of the screen. Repeat.

You can alternately use C4 as you land to cover you in case they anticipate your landing. Be creative. Snake can be god ****ed annoying.

You can be similarly annoying with Pit but you won't be doing much damage with arrows alone.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Depending on how good those 3 actually are, you might get away with spamming Ike's upsmash. But that's for winning, not being annoying.

Alternatively, spam Pikachu's downB, or Pit as the other suggested.

It's a shame that they nerfed Kirby's taunt. I'm not kidding when I say that I used it strategically in Melee. Granted, Kirby was pretty awful against anyone worth their salt, but it felt good to annoy your opponent into rushing you, then suiciding him.

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
Pick up Sonic and spam YOU'RE TO SLOW! YOU'RE TO SLOW! YOU'RE TO SLOW! YOU'RE TO SLOW! YOU'RE TO SLOW!

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Pick Sonic.
Run away from everyone and spam your side taunt as much as possible.
Don't attack anyone, just wait for a Smash Ball.
Grab the Smash Ball and enjoy your free cheap kills.
Side taunt afterwards.

That should do the trick :)

Flake

Smash Cadet
does DK's grab suicide thing still work
Pit: side+b HYAYAYA HYAYAYA HYAYAYA HYAYAYA
sometimes with meta knight i just hold down A forever

Top Bottom