• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Make a New Tier List

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Before I say anything, this would not be a traditional tier list, with bayonetta and sheik at the top. That is because I want to make a tier list with a different set of rules. Those rules revolve around playing with a 2x damage ratio. The rules are as follow:

•play at 2x damage ratio
•matches are timed, being 4 minutes long
•all matches are played on Final Destination, or any Ω stages
•turn "score display" on

That is it. Now when I first made this gamemode up, I thought that characters like ganondorf, bowser, and captain falcon would be the best, but that is not how it turned out at all. In reality, the metagame that I see would be characters that are fast and have kill throws. For example, fox is probably the best character, being very fast, and the fact that he can kill most characters at 0% with his up throw. His reflector can also be used to send people to the bottom corner of the screen if used at the edge of the stage. Lucian/Marth are both like this too, they have strong counters, and up throws that
kill most. The only character (that I found) that survives fox's up throw is Lucario. Lucario is good because he has a counter, great recovery, and a down throw that kills most. He struggles with rushing in, and getting these grabs off. Kirby is an anti-meta pick, with his crouch letting him avoid grabs, and having both his up and down throw
kill (needing a few percentages).

Obviously I can't go over every character myself, so I encourage everyone to go and experiment; maybe some characters have options better than grabs, who knows? If you find anyone worth mentioning please tell me. Debate whether you think a character should be higher or lower.

The tier list for this gamemode will only be for high-mid tiers (S,A,B) most likely 15-20 characters will be included. Tiering everyone just seems improbable and tedious. I will start off with a very basic and makeshift tier list to start off.

Tier list (4/24/16)
S: :4fox::4lucina::4marth:
A::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4lucario:
B::4ness::4wiifit: :4charizard::4kirby::4miigun:

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
Bayo would probably still be #1 though.

MrNasty

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ness should be #1 because his b-throw would instant kill on 0%

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
All of Jigglypuff's throws OHKO. All of them. Jigglypuff is clearly the most broken character in fighting game history.

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Can i throw Marth and Lucina over to SS Tier? Getting grabbed by them is instant death...
Some characters can survive at 0%, and fox's throw kills some characters that marth & lucina can't kill. Although I think Fox is the best, marth & lucina probably have an advantage in the matchup (if fox trys to recover with an up-b, marth/Lucina can jump off and counter). Fox is just overall better tho but you can argue which one is better. I was thinking about moving them up higher than fox but idk yet

All of Jigglypuff's throws OHKO. All of them. Jigglypuff is clearly the most broken character in fighting game history.
And rest does too, she's definately being put up there

Ness should be #1 because his b-throw would instant kill on 0%
His back throw does like nothing ironically but his up throw is outstanding in fact. I also found that his dash attack kills at 0%

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Mario's excellent frame data and throws probably would make him a threat in an enviroment obeying these rules.
His back throw KOs people at about 20% near the ledge, I think.

Top Bottom