• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help installing Project M

Reficul_K

Smash Rookie
So I've never played project M before, but my friends told me about it so i decided to download it and currently trying to get it to work. I went and bought these http://www.walmart.com/ip/PNY-2GB-Premium-Secure-Digital-Memory-Card/11078643

So...if this SD card is acceptable to use..then moving on.
I deleted the custom stages off of brawl first.
I went to the download section of PM and chose " Hackless Wii ZIP (Full Set) ". which gave me a zipped "nohomebrew" folder on my desktop. Put the SD card into my computer, Formatted it, and tried both of the following (Note: I did NOT have a "nohomebrew" folder on the SD, Just the contents inside of the nohomebrew folder was put on the SD card. i read i shouldnt have that folder there)
1. extracted the files directly to the root of the SD card. Booted up brawl, went to the stage builder, nothing happened.
2. extracted the files to my computer, then just moved the files to the SD card root. and repeated going to stage builder. still nothing.

So now i have no idea where i am to go at this point. I'm not sure if my SD card is the issue or if I'm missing something.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Those cards should be fine
Is your SD card showing up on the wii? in stage builder, just check at the bottom and see if it has the option to view whats on the SD card.
Have you made sure your SD cards aren't locked? There's a switch on the side.

If yes to both those, download this: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/ (first link) and open it and select Full (Overwrite) and On in the options then run it with your SD card in. You'll have to put your files back on the card though.

Reficul_K

Smash Rookie
Nope, it doesnt show up in the stage builder. It says "unable to save to the device inserted in the SD card slot". The SD isnt locked either. I'm guessing that means the SD is no good to use?

Reficul_K

Smash Rookie
OK! so i managed to find another SD card in my household that works!
Crises averted, now i can begin my fun.

sirflynn

Smash Rookie
:< This is the exact problem I am having with the same SD cards lol. Guess I'll have to find different cards.

cPalms

Smash Rookie
Using the same SD cards, encountered the same problem. DO NOT BUY THESE SD CARDS, THEY DO NOT WORK.

Top Bottom