• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help in the Dr.Mario Matchup

Frenzy231199

Smash Cadet
So I've been having problems vs Dr.Mario lately. I just can't seem to get control in neutral because of pills and can't edgeguard him very well. Has anybody got any tips for the matchup as most of the matchup guides on these boards either don't contain information on Dr.Mario or are outdated?

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Camp platforms and shoot way to many lasers. I don't think the MU has changed too significantly so the "outdated" guides may have more good info than you think.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
So I've been having problems vs Dr.Mario lately. I just can't seem to get control in neutral because of pills and can't edgeguard him very well. Has anybody got any tips for the matchup as most of the matchup guides on these boards either don't contain information on Dr.Mario or are outdated?
Yeah the guides really aren't out dated.

From personal experience, AC bair is amazing if u don't mind just walling him out. It can stuff pills and almost any approach doc has. Learn to laser then turn around AC bair and the matchup starts to feel unfair. Since u can dictate the match so well this way, u can really choose to go in whenever u want, so make sure u do it safely with a soft read of some kind, or if u see doc do something incredible stupid (ie. desperation downsmash or dash attack). If ur at high percent and doc is at low, be as frustrating as u can be using this method of walling, u can tack on a ton of percent while he tries to kill u.

Doc is a weird weight, so if u don't know specifics on how to combo him, just do simple two or three piece and get out. Just keeping him in the corner is valuable enough, its not worth it to go for gold if u risk a stock. Kinda the same with edgeguarding. Laser him until he's low, then try to edgehog him. If u get in an awkward spot where he could hit u with the up-b, just abort and hold him to the corner.

Top Bottom