• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HELP I went to order Brawl and something happened.....

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
Something REALLY fishy with my Play-Asia experience!!

I ordered Brawl... then a few days later i got an email from Play-asia, saying that to avoid fraud i would need to give them my DRIVER'S LISENCE pictures, bank things, and all types of information. Or the other option was to join teh Master Card Over Seas club or something along those lines. I called an executive of master Card. NEVER HEARD OF IT.

Is Play-Asia always this difficult and fishy? Should I try again? I NEED brawl (i am on vacation for 2 weeks the day brawl comes out, i dont have it till practically beginning of April) , and i looked on ebay and its like 500 dollars. please help!

This happen to anyone else? are they to be trusted?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
wierd. none of that craziness happened when i ordered it

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Something REALLY fishy with my Play-Asia experience!!

I ordered Brawl... then a few days later i got an email from Play-asia, saying that to avoid fraud i would need to give them my DRIVER'S LISENCE pictures, bank things, and all types of information. Or the other option was to join teh Master Card Over Seas club or something along those lines. I called an executive of master Card. NEVER HEARD OF IT.

Is Play-Asia always this difficult and fishy? Should I try again? I NEED brawl (i am on vacation for 2 weeks the day brawl comes out, i dont have it till practically beginning of April) , and i looked on ebay and its like 500 dollars. please help!

This happen to anyone else? are they to be trusted?
You should contact Play-Asia. That stuff never happens to me. Even when i ordered my Japanese wii from them.

Another option would be to goto ncsx.com and order it from there. But its on back order until at least the second week of Febuary.

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like a scam to me and something that wasn't sent by Play-Asia but I'd get in touch with Play-Asia through their website if I were you and ask them about it to be 100% sure.

Card

Smash Lord
Whatever you do... do not send that personal information.

I received my Brawl copy from Play-Asia yesterday and there was none of these shenanigans. Something is definitely not right.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Yeah i payed with my Visa, no problems like that whatsoever (though i ordered the japanese one, to come to UK)

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it..you were just a victim of phishing. Contact Play-Asia right away about it.

Note: phishing is when someone tries to get sensitive information about you or your account by pretending to be someone their not. Just a FYI

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
Whatever you do... do not send that personal information.

I received my Brawl copy from Play-Asia yesterday and there was none of these shenanigans. Something is definitely not right.

thank you very much friends for the advice... i shall try again!

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Don't send any of that information. It's just phishing like everyone else has said. Smart thing to do is contact Play Asia and find out for yourself just what is going on.

Top Bottom