• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help! GC controller adapter and Dolphin

xBaHoO

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i really need help with dolphin. I recently bought A CG controller adapter off Ebay so i could practice some tech skill on melee but for some reason Dolphin wont pick up or detect my gc adapter/gamepad and i have no idea why. The adapter works fine cause i have tested it with other non dolphin games.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gamecube...tors&hash=item3a75cc5e4e&_uhb=1#ht_1926wt_906

That's the adapter i have bought. I have fiddled with dolphin settings for countless hours to try and get it to by using the gc pad settings. I have also plugged in my usb xbox 360 contoller and it works through dolphin on melee fine. If ANYONE has any ideas or could help me in anyway that would be amazing.

randomguy737

Smash Rookie
I have that adapter and it works fine for me in Dolphin on windows 7. What rev of Dolphin are you using? Try installing a different version/reinstalling? I remember I had to do something like that to get it to work in the TAS-friendly rev for Melee.

Also I don't recommend practicing tech skill on Dolphin, the timing is off/laggy, at least for me.

Bu$

HoC
What do you mean by REV? I have the newest model for dolphin which is 3.0 and i have already uninstalled/ re installed dolphin. I have also tried it on my pc and laptop and still have the same problem with both. And My melee iso runs fine for tech skill cause my pc can handle it.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by REV? I have the newest model for dolphin which is 3.0 and i have already uninstalled/ re installed dolphin. I have also tried it on my pc and laptop and still have the same problem with both. And My melee iso runs fine for tech skill cause my pc can handle it.
WRONG! Dolphin 3.5 was just released earlier today. :p
Well there's input lag btw. Practicing on the GC for tech skills is the best way to train.

EDIT: Rev=Revision so i.e. "Dolphin 3.0-815" it's the newest build, but it's less stable.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Interesting... is the input lag a local input lag or are you talking about online? I used Dolphin to practice and when I got to play on a console at a tournament, everything felt weird. Even moving the hand on the character select screen handled differently. Needless to say, I was very frustrated because I was out of touch the whole day because of this. x__x

randomguy737

Smash Rookie
It might be a driver issue, I'm thinking. Go into Device Manager (Start-> Right click Computer -> Manage, in XP I think it's a tab after you click "Properties" instead) without the device plugged in. Check what's there, especially under "Game controllers." Then plug it in. If you find an added entry, check that out. You can change or update drivers there.

I'm really not sure why it's causing a problem. I think it's a problem with your Windows HID drivers. Mine is configured as a standard usb-HID gamepad, so it should really work anywhere, even in Linux.

As far as tech skill, you'll find it's different then an actual TV. Do what you want, but you might find it hard to transition between the two...

Bu$

HoC
Well i just tried the newest version of Dolphin and it's still not working. I just went into the computer management section and looked under the Sound, video and game controllers section and nothing popped up when i put the adapter in. The strange thing is that when i go to control panel is shows there is the usb game pad connected. :/

randomguy737

Smash Rookie
Play around in the control panel then. I think I might have had to adjust the sensitivity through windows and what not for it to show up in dolphin. Try the "troubleshoot" option.

Bu$

HoC
Nuts. Tried the troubleshoot option and everything came up fine. When i go to properties on the usb gamepad icon neither the axes or buttons detect me pressing buttons on my controller either. Haha far out i'm about to rip my hair out.

randomguy737

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I don't know then...sounds like they aren't registering with windows properly. Try this app (Joy2Key) and see if it registers there (supports directinput, so it won't go through windows, I believe).

As a last resort, I'd try windows update? You might just have a defective one, I suppose.

Top Bottom