• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Fox vs Dedede

AUS

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't be too hard, number one rule when facing a DDD though, RESPECT his grab. Dedede has the largest standing grab range in the entire game at 17.623 and the third largest dash grab range at 16.623 so you should be careful when approaching, keep out of range until you see and opening and just keep playing the hit and run game.

Also beware of DDD's Gordo's. When throwing a Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo DDD has a 8.2% to send out a Gordo and Gordos are both extremely fast and have tons of knock-back, if the DDD is sending a bunch of Waddles out be careful. Overall Fox should win this match up since you should easily be able to get in and get the hits before DDD just be careful and your good.

TheFuture

Smash Rookie
I've fought a DDD before and struggled greatly with F-tilt blocking my approaches. Any tips on how to beat F-tilt?

AUS

Smash Cadet
I've fought a DDD before and struggled greatly with F-tilt blocking my approaches. Any tips on how to beat F-tilt?
F-tilt is a very hard move to get around and overall one of DDD's best moves. It has good range, decent power, medium lag, and is a disjointed hitbox, can be used as a great spacing tool to negate approaches. Because of this I might suggest using more arial attacks on DDD rather than approaching him head on with a dash attack or run up up-smash. Try some drill to shines and try some nair shines too (Make sure you L-cancel them). More or less just don't blindly run into a DDD since his F-tilt will get rid of it, however stay aggressive, don't play the spacing game since DDD will always beat Fox when it comes to spacing.

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
Shoot lots of lasers. That big body absorbs SHDL like a sponge. Try to cross up your aerial approaches so that he can't abuse his big ass grab range. Try to pick stages where you can ride the wall when recovering so he doesn't just dair you in the face when coming from below.

Top Bottom