• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help for Pokemon Platinum (Elite Four)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisara

Smash Rookie
hello! :3 i'm sorry in advance if im posting this at the wrong area i dont know where else to put it :embarrass:

i've started playing my first ever pokemon game a couple of days ago and i chose pokemon platinum as my first~ skipping all the previous generations lol :embarrass:

anyway i've been trying to follow a walkthrough and to summarize what i learned from it:

uber long + pokemon terms ive never even heard of + not beginner friendly + his sense of direction is distorted saying east when he actually meant west = tl;dr and a very confused me :embarrass: what i DID follow was the section where he gave a couple of pokemon he said were "good" and i should try raising and ofc i followed blindly like the guilble person that i am :embarrass:

i'm now in the part of the storyline where i have to face the elite four + champion but im not really confident on whether i can do it in 1 try (which i really really want, i've not lost a single match until now and i wont start when the game is about halfway done i think?)

so yea here's my team with their move set, can you please give me suggestions if i got the right moves, or if i have to change a pokemon (please please PUHLEASE break it to me easily i might cry if i have to relevel a new pokemon as a replacement)

level 64 Empoleon (Water/Steel) Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump
level 63 Houndoom (Dark/Fire) Flamethrower, Crunch, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse
level 63 Roserade (Grass) Giga Drain, Magical Leaf, Sludge Bomb, Petal Dance
level 62 Gallade (Psychic/Fighting) Psycho Cut, Psychic, Brick Break, Close Combat
level 64 Garchomp (Dragon/Ground) Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse

and NO im too lazy to level a 6th pokemon so DONT EVEN TRY *gives crazy look

what i use them for:
Empoleon ~> Fire Ground Rock Flying Dragon
Houndoom ~> Grass Bug Ice Steel Psychic Ghost
Roserade ~> Water Ground Rock Grass
Gallade ~> Fighting Poison Normal Dark Steel
Garchomp ~> Electric Dragon

i have been really tempted to enter and face the elite four numerous times but i always chicken out at the last second then i head back to victory road and kill poor unsuspecting gravelers to release my frustration D: (if you want to look for me just find a trail of dead gravelers and golbats and you'll find me :c ) i've been in this loop for the past 2 days :embarrass: upside is my pokemon leveled up a bunch lol hurray \o\

p.s. im not really a big fan of legendaries since they're so HARD to catch :embarrass: and imo too overpowered taking the fun out of the game :embarrass:

any helpful tips for a beginner?

tyvm in advance
-Lucy

D

Deleted member

you're a big fat meanie head.

buy a lot of full restores and revives and have at it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah let's try not to attack newbies for using excessive emoticons...it is generally discouraged, but there are far nicer ways to say that.

Anyway, basically what Umbreon and Pink Reaper said. Having more than two attacking types on a Pokémon is usually preferable, and you don't have that on any of your Pokémon. If you've got any spare TMs that look like they might be good, try putting those on there. Personally, I like to have only moves with 100% accuracy and get rid of low accuracy moves like Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, etc., but if you like to be risky you can keep those and get rid of the weaker attacks in favor of those.

Also take into account physical/special attacks. Garchomp, for example, is a better physical attacker than special attacker, so you're better off putting physical moves on him. Look at your team's stats and check which works better for each Pokémon. You pretty much have a mix already, but if you focus on one instead of having a physical and special move of the same type, you can have more coverage with better attacking power.

And ultimately, if you load up on healing items -- assuming you have enough money to do so, and you likely do -- you can probably be fairly safe.

But, with that said, this doesn't really merit its own topic (and would go in the general Poké Center if it did). If you're still looking for more advice beyond that, hit up the Q&A Thread and just post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom