• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help for high percent kills

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Obviously it is known that Jigglypuff SERIOUSLY struggles at killing at high percents much like some others (:4marth:) But I feel like I especially struggle with it.The only way I can reliably get my kill moves to connect is by forcing them into an odd situation ex: Charge at a Link at high percents as he hits me with a bomb so we both are hit. -->turn around b4 the blast(both are sent high up)--> bair while the link is confused as to why I charged him.

tl;dr: High percent killing is hard. help

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Bair! As long as you mix in some empty hops and space correctly your chance for the killing bair will come.
Also nair,utilt,dash attack and fsmash are what works for me.
Dash attack in particular is very effective once your opponent only expects you to attack with aerials,or for punishing unsafe landings.
And by the way i think Puffs struggles with many things,but not with getting the kill.

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
shields beat everything though

The main issue is that most the time those moves are unsafe to throw out (barring utilt I guess), and since grabs don't kill nor lead to confirms there's no reason to not just shield everything (properly). This is probably the main issue of killing with Jiggs. Of course her kill moves are going to work well on hit but a skilled player isn't going to just give you that, and unfortunately getting people to drop defenses takes more than spacing and some nice tomahawks.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598

The main issue is that most the time those moves are unsafe to throw out (barring utilt I guess), and since grabs don't kill nor lead to confirms there's no reason to not just shield everything (properly). This is probably the main issue of killing with Jiggs. Of course her kill moves are going to work well on hit but a skilled player isn't going to just give you that, and unfortunately getting people to drop defenses takes more than spacing and some nice tomahawks.
This explains my problem very thoroughly

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Three easy steps to getting kills against good players:

1 - Go to the "Smash" mode

2 - Bring the cursor to the character selection screen

3 - Pick someone other than Jigglypuff

4 - Try not to cry over your new character choice

5 - Cry a lot

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Three easy steps to getting kills against good players:

1 - Go to the "Smash" mode

2 - Bring the cursor to the character selection screen

3 - Pick someone other than Jigglypuff

4 - Try not to cry over your new character choice

5 - Cry a lot
Jigglypuff is the only character for me.

*cries a lot*

Mada90

Smash Apprentice

Yeah it does. I probably havent played enough really high level players to know,but i do think that until you're facing a character that forces you to approach(wich is more than half of the cast by the way) that chance to get the kill will come if you play patiently.
In any case,that doesnt make any of Puff's kill moves safe of course. I guess we need to do our best with what we have,but if only they gave us a kill throw life would be so much easier.

And it's the same for me,it's Puff or nothing i even gave up looking for a secondary.I cry a lot.

A lot.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Other than patience and empty jumping what other strategies can I use to get a kill at high percents?(i know the moves that kill)

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
Rest lol

Seriously though, if you can't gimp, bair is definitely your best option. Pound can kill with rage, but ehh

Try throwing them off stage, and bair their recoveries? Idk, I struggle with this too. You pretty much have to get a solid read.

Top Bottom