• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help finding thread on Item Textures

Mobman47

Smash Rookie
I'm sure a thread already exists so sorry for posting a new one.

I'm trying to put new item textures (I didn't make any of them, I downloaded them) into brawl and I have no idea how. From what I've read you put them in common3.pac but I don't know how to do that (especially since what I downloaded is a pac itself, so I put a pac in a pac? whut?). Obviously this is something that probably has been covered, so could someone link me to a tutorial? I've been looking all over for it and its probably right in the open, probably on this forum. All I've found is character/stage/and music faqs.

Thanks to whoever helps me out.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Do you already have a common3.pac with all the textures you want on it? Or do you have separate pacs with textures you would like to apply?

If the first is true, just put the common3.pac on your SD like this:
private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/system/common3.pac

If the second is true... I'm not going to bother to explain unless it is in fact true.

.Smoreking.

Smash Cadet
If you mean as in you have a texture for one specific item, you need to open up common3.pac and find where the default texture is and replace it.

E.g. Franklin Badge-

common3.pac
ItmCommonBrres
ItemBadgeBrres

Top Bottom