• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help ending the wobble?

Mario Blanchard

Smash Rookie
So lately I have had no problem starting a wobble or holding them in it for percent...but when it comes to the smash at the end I usually cant hit it. I either drop the wobble trying to figure out how to kill them, do a smash that wiffs or I do a throw and miss the kill.

Am I missing a sign that I can just kill them or am I inputting something wrong? Smashing the C-stick is not doing the trick either before someone tells me to do that.

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
I try to hit the c-stick down while Popo is doing his pummel. That timing seems to work for me. Downthrow -> Downsmash for the kill is usually my go-to after a wobble.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
There are a few things I do in order to get a safe kill, but there are a lot more options than just these. I'll either go for the Nana dsmash immediately after a Popo pummel (A>Cstick down), Nana fsmash after Popo pummel (A>Cstick forward) or I'll do for the dthrow>Nana fsmash.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
I tend to base my finishes on my opponents character. For peach and marth I tend to go for dthrow usmash and on most others I use dthrow fsmash or just dsmash out of the grab. If I feel like doing something a little janky I finish things with dthrow nana uair or bair.
My recommendation is to just practise a bunch of different finishes on cpus until you get comfortable just instantly pressing them.

OddishGuy

Smash Journeyman
One thing that was recommended to me that helped a ton was down C-stick to over C-stick with the same timing as the wobble tap. I wasn't able to see well enough to figure out if Popo had pummeled to do a finishing down-smash with Nana. With this method, either you will down smash with Nana to finish, or down throw with Popo to F-smash with Nana.

Amadeus

Smash Rookie
ive tested on cpus and they have DI'ed out of it and sometimes the up throw can be hard to get but it would be effective against people who just sit there and don't do anything

Amadeus

Smash Rookie
I did my testing on FD, but 180-190 for your upthrow on fast fallers seemed automatic. I think it was like 130 for puff? Didn't test other floaties or sheik/marth

Amadeus

Smash Rookie
i was going to try to add it to my game too. i figured it might make a player start to play on tilt if I style for the wobble kill, plus belay kills are dope

Top Bottom