• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help control Peach better

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I decided to Focus more On Peach herself then understanding her match ups and asking for advice on them. I could to that all I want. But if I dont Understand how to REALLY use the advice I get, not much will change and my bad habits (Dsmash when it gets me killed but do it anyway) I understand her frames and when to imput the next attack so I wont do it too late and too early. I have trouble with it during real matches but I do it right at times that my Peach is fast. But not alot. I'm working on it

Well I wanna know how to space Peaches attacks well. I have trouble doing that alot. Like I would find it wierd how I would FC an attack and get grabbed before I could slap, grab, or Dsmash. I dont really know how to space myself. Or have a strong defense doing it. Like a Marth, when he F-airs, even if the attacked missed, you cant shield grab, go to grab or attack him cause the attack was spaced well. so he can counter attack or attack back before you can go and punish him. So I want advice on how to space her moves and how to use FC to its full power, cause even though I do it, I dont do it well and get punished for it. If you see my Recent vids on youtube you will get a better understanding of what I mean. and what I do wrong.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm maybe some straight up practice with a friend in VS mode would help.

Tell him to shield your aerials and tell him to go for the shieldgrab.

If your opponent can shieldgrab you, I think it's more of a timing thing than a spacing thing (cause you're supposed to have frame advatage if you do it with perfect timing).

If you hit your opponent too early before you land, then you will give more time to your opponent to recover from shield stun, thus giving him a chance to go for the shield grab.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
look at her hitboxes, either through AR or using that one guy's hitbox system or however. once you know where your attacks hit, then you will know how you can space them. alternatively, you can simply practice with a friend in vs mode and figure out the spacing/hitboxes that way.

spacing is one of the most overlooked aspects of melee imo, you look at just about everyone who's good with any character and they all space their attacks extremely well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm maybe some straight up practice with a friend in VS mode would help.

Tell him to shield your aerials and tell him to go for the shieldgrab.

If your opponent can shieldgrab you, I think it's more of a timing thing than a spacing thing (cause you're supposed to have frame advatage if you do it with perfect timing).

If you hit your opponent too early before you land, then you will give more time to your opponent to recover from shield stun, thus giving him a chance to go for the shield grab.
I guess . I'll kep this in mind. I find it hard to do against fast characters. Its hard in battle to focus on it.

look at her hitboxes, either through AR or using that one guy's hitbox system or however. once you know where your attacks hit, then you will know how you can space them. alternatively, you can simply practice with a friend in vs mode and figure out the spacing/hitboxes that way.

spacing is one of the most overlooked aspects of melee imo, you look at just about everyone who's good with any character and they all space their attacks extremely well.

I know all of her hit boxes. That's the reason I started to use the Dtilt more.The hit box on that is big.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I guess . I'll kep this in mind. I find it hard to do against fast characters. Its hard in battle to focus on it.
Yeah, most importantly is to use as often as you can in a live battle. It's only like this that you're going to build up your muscle memory so that you can use it without actually thinking about doing it.

Being comfortable with your techniques is the key, or else you will be too nervous to use it in a tournament match.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Dude even when I FC I still L-Cancel it is a habit so just incase I screw up the FC I still don't got much Lag from the L-Cancel. Try doing that I don't get grabbed.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah, most importantly is to use as often as you can in a live battle. It's only like this that you're going to build up your muscle memory so that you can use it without actually thinking about doing it.

Being comfortable with your techniques is the key, or else you will be too nervous to use it in a tournament match.

Yea, I lost bad or if im winning I lose the match cause I am ether afraid or scraed I'll screw up trying. Thus the reason I dont do so well. Its a hard habit............

Dude even when I FC I still L-Cancel it is a habit so just incase I screw up the FC I still don't got much Lag from the L-Cancel. Try doing that I don't get grabbed.

Sorry, but I did not quite understand what you just said

_Keno_

Smash Lord
i think he means he holds the L-button during the aerial before touching the ground while he FC's, so if the FC doesnt work the L-cancel will. I could be totally off, but that my interpretation of what he said 0_o

peachori

Smash Journeyman
if you know the hitboxes and the techs, its just a matter of doing them enough times so that you're comfortable with them. play lots of friendlies, i've found that those are the best prep situations to practice in cus there's no pressure. if you do something good then you get "good ****" and if you **** up you just laugh. win-win haha. if you play any sports, you know that you've gotta practice practice practice before you start doing the hard **** in pressure situations. just relax, play, practice, and enjoy yourself. your stuff will come around :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if you know the hitboxes and the techs, its just a matter of doing them enough times so that you're comfortable with them. play lots of friendlies, i've found that those are the best prep situations to practice in cus there's no pressure. if you do something good then you get "good ****" and if you **** up you just laugh. win-win haha. if you play any sports, you know that you've gotta practice practice practice before you start doing the hard **** in pressure situations. just relax, play, practice, and enjoy yourself. your stuff will come around :)
One of the best advice I got in a while, I'll make sure to keep this in mind. Thanks

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i was watchin some of your vids and i think you and i have some of the same problems...

1. you do need a little bit of work with your timing and spacing. however, ur a good player, so its a minor problem. also, you can give that advice to just about ANY smasher. one thing ive found thats helping with my spacing is trying to concentrate more on ur opponent and what he is doing. this of course requires not watching your own character, which requires confidence in your technical abilities, which requires a ****-load of muscle memory. when you spend more time watching your opponent, its easier to time and space your attacks better.

2. you are too aggressive sometimes. it seems like lots of times you try to pressure your opponent and end up getting punished for it. for example, sometimes you go in for a FC aerial when your opponent has lots of time to react. i have a major problem with doing this type of stuff. just try to remain cool and not try to go berserk on your opponent. in many situations its better just to land or run away than to try and attack. you mentioned u Dsmash sometimes when you know its not gonna land... this is another example of that. just try to keep calm and wait for your opportunity.

Top Bottom