• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help beggining brawlbox

ZribTurd

Smash Rookie
Yo guys, I'm new here, and I'm aware of the search button, I just like my questions answered directly to me. Heh.

So I started playing Brawl again, probably because I felt like it... And I discovered Brawl Box. I've literally watched all of Wacka's video tuts. And yet I'm still clueless. All I would like to do is reskin models. Because, well I have year of experience with that stuff for other PC games, hehe, now it sounds like I'm talking about myself to much.

What I need help is how do I start out. I have downloaded BrawlBox v.063d and I have downloaded the Character Pacs. What do I do now. Videos arent making much sense to me. I have my SD card too, and I do not know how to set that up either. Because I saw in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gYZI35CwLQ&feature=related That the site to download the package is no longer available. And that I must now also download the .GCT files.

It'll be nice of someone to not rage at me for not using the search bar, but whatever, helping me would be great. Thank you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If all you want to do is reskin models, you also need to have an image editor. Photoshop CS3 and GiMP are the best choices in this regard since they can index palleted images the best.

Anyway, what region are you in?
I cannot do much when it comes to the .gct unless I know if you are NTSC-U, NTSC-J, or PAL.

Until then, look through this sticky.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262863

ZribTurd

Smash Rookie
I got photoshop CS4, heh.

Well I'm located in the United States. Colorado to be exact.

Yea, I did read that sticky, I think I understand it for the most part, but the part I'm confused on is getting the reskins back over to the wii, I do not know what to do with the SD card. And do I really need the .GCT files, honestly I do not know what those are. I do have the .PAC files though.

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom