• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] Alternate Stage Loading with .rel files

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
I can add a normal alternate stage no problem but if any stage that i download comes with a .rel file, I have no idea how I am supposed to add it. So if I download a stage and it comes with a .rel file specific to a certain stage, I know I can't simply rename the .rel file from something like sxstage.rel to sxstage_z.rel. What do I have to do to get the rel file working in Project M?

Sorry if this question is confusing, I wasn't really sure how to explain it.

Last edited:

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
So I don't understand your question but maybe you're looking for this:
http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Create the .rel file you need, then put it in projectm\pf\module on your SD card. And for alternates, I'm *pretty sure* you need to rename both the actual stage .pac file and the .rel file (put a _z at the end of both).

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Open the .rel file in Brawl Box, look at the StageID on the right column, click on the name of the stage to open a drop down menu and select the stage you want it to go over, save the file and rename it for whatever stage you're putting it over.

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
So I don't understand your question but maybe you're looking for this:
http://www.lakora.us/rel/

Create the .rel file you need, then put it in projectm\pf\module on your SD card. And for alternates, I'm *pretty sure* you need to rename both the actual stage .pac file and the .rel file (put a _z at the end of both).
Ya, i don't really now if i explained it well either. It was really hard to find any information about this. As for just simply renaiming, i haven't had much luck with that. I tried renaming the Pirate Ship files and they would just crash.

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
Open the .rel file in Brawl Box, look at the StageID on the right column, click on the name of the stage to open a drop down menu and select the stage you want it to go over, save the file and rename it for whatever stage you're putting it over.
Thanks, Ill give that a Try

Edit: I want it to go over the current stage so i just renamed the rel file. The stage loads (Which is a first) but everything is pitch black.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Ill give that a Try

Edit: I want it to go over the current stage so i just renamed the rel file. The stage loads (Which is a first) but everything is pitch black.
Usually when i get stage thats pitch black it means that there is still a problem with the rel. Either its not the right one or its still not made to work with the stage.

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
Usually when i get stage thats pitch black it means that there is still a problem with the rel. Either its not the right one or its still not made to work with the stage.
I was worried to so i replaced it again with the one i directly downloaded and i still got a black stage. If im going to be very specific, Its the Project m Miiverse stage that goes over peaches castle. (HD/64)
I just used ASL and made it to where the miiverse stage loaded by pressing Y and giving it the extension "_X"
I gave the rel file the same extension and after that, i get a black stage.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I was worried to so i replaced it again with the one i directly downloaded and i still got a black stage. If im going to be very specific, Its the Project m Miiverse stage that goes over peaches castle. (HD/64)
I just used ASL and made it to where the miiverse stage loaded by pressing Y and giving it the extension "_X"
I gave the rel file the same extension and after that, i get a black stage.
Did you set the ASL tool so it loads up the rel with the button combo too?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
How do i get ASL to find the alternate rel file? I think it only displays original brawl rel files.
So when you open up the ASL tool there is a button that says Stages-> and then a list of the stages you gave alts to right? Click on the button and it will change to Modules -> and there should be a slightly different list. Then just add the same button commands on those as you have on the Stages.

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
So when you open up the ASL tool there is a button that says Stages-> and then a list of the stages you gave alts to right? Click on the button and it will change to Modules -> and there should be a slightly different list. Then just add the same button commands on those as you have on the Stages.
Alright, Ill give that a shot later today. Thanks

Stephen Dorch

Smash Rookie
I got everything to work. Thanks a lot.
I have another question however. The downloaded stage is meant to go over/ be an alt for a certain stage. Is there a tutorial out there where i can have the downloaded stage work with any other stage i choose?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I got everything to work. Thanks a lot.
I have another question however. The downloaded stage is meant to go over/ be an alt for a certain stage. Is there a tutorial out there where i can have the downloaded stage work with any other stage i choose?
Well do you already know how to get rels to work for other stages? Because all you have to do is make sure you have the right rel to load the stage up. You can put a stage anywhere as long as you know how to use the rels.

Top Bottom