• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Sheik's shieldgrab

WallaWalla

Smash Rookie
Hi guys--

I'm new to this level of play, though I think I'm picking it up fairly quick. I'm having trouble with a friend of mine who plays as Sheik. Essentially his game plan is to chain grab me up to 60 or 70, and throw out a timely f-air.

Here are the specifics. If I shffl in with n-airs (or any aerial really, I just usually try n-air), he just shields and grabs the moment I land (and proceeds to chain grab). If I wait for him to attack, I'll try and do the same thing, but he can land, l-cancel, and grab me before my shield grab even goes off (and then he proceeds to chain grab...).

The only thing that kind of works is to just continually run away while strafing him with all my projectiles until I can get him off the edge (he's easy to edge camp).

The chain grabs are highly frustrating, and I would like to be able to have some semblance of a game plan against him, since his only goal usually is to grab me at some point. No matter how much I DI during the chain grab, he is eerily good at keeping it going.

Thanks for any and all help!
-Walla

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
not a y link player.. i don't normally read this forum..but your question is very basic..if i were them i wouldn't bother to answer..you should go read the guides then do a basic search of this forum for vs sheik.

anyways projectile camping is good..spot dodging is good..making sheik come to you is also good..finally you might try aeriallling and landing behind sheik..

and yes chain grabs are gimp

WallaWalla

Smash Rookie
I understand it's very basic, but thats the exact issue. Most people say that at the pro level, the shield grab is very easy to counter, but there is rarely (if ever) a description on how to counter it.

Landing behind him does work rather well, btw. I should remember to spot dodge grabs more, I never seem to think of that right as it happens.

Thanks again
--Walla

Top Bottom