• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against projectiles

Nosone

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've been using Snake for a bit and second to ROB, he's one of my favorite characters. I just have one little problem with Snake when fighting characters with projectiles though, Ivysaur in particular.

It seems that Snake's not so great at long distances since other characters can catch his grenades or mess up his nikita missile. For me, getting close to an Ivysaur is also tough because of Ivy's longer reaching grabs and vines. So I guess my question is, how do you beat a person who likes to camp with projectiles?

I've tried setting up mines and C4, but it seems that they're easier to see/avoid than not.

LeSmasher

Smash Rookie
I've also had trouble with using my own projectiles but go ahead and hit them with some CQC. Also you can bomb shield when they go in for the kill for some defense.

Nosone

Smash Rookie
I've also had trouble with using my own projectiles but go ahead and hit them with some CQC. Also you can bomb shield when they go in for the kill for some defense.
Bomb shielding works for a quick bind, but usually the explosion gives them a chance to DI into camping territory again XD.

What's CQC?

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
If they insist on catching your grenades you should grenade strip them (at any point after the first grenade is out, pull out the second grenade and just shield to drop it. The first one should drop too). Most people don't expect it, and by the time they pick it up again it usually explodes.

Cho?

Smash Apprentice
depressed is right. you really don't expect for the nade coming right at you to stop in mid-air or for the nade that you're trying to throw back to just stop. it takes a lil practice to get the timing right though.

Spy_Hunter

Smash Cadet
After the sheild rush/grenade drop , follow up with a motar then roll back to drop a grenade. Reapet the pattern by basicly using explosives but all at close range. Sounds sucidal but it works.

Farowe

Smash Rookie
Its not only about hitting them with the nade, they also serve as a great defensive alternative...

While nikita must be used smartly, his enormus delay can cost you a stock (or a match) if you use it with a open combat pattern, you must somehow close the enemy between the edge, misile and you....

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Most times, the C4 is a mindgame whereas the landmine is not. Just keep the C4 there to screw with their head, but if they happen to forget, set it off and reset your C4 elsewhere.

Mortars are your best friend, too. The initial movement of the Up-smash pops the enemy up nicely, but you have to get close (and that seems to be just the problem here). However, doing a mortar at a distance and trying to get close might initiate a dodge on their part. Hence, they just might get caught in the blast. Combo up opportunities with some rolls or some Up/Back airs!

His forward-A knee (or just the whole combo) is also awesome!

Although Nikita missiles can get messed up, they're also nearly invincible (I think)! Try to bust them with some projectile(s).

Try experimenting a bit!

Top Bottom